• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a custom cage

adamc1303

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Adam
Does anyone know of a reputable company that builds wood / stainless cages like the majestic line from Custom Cages? I like their cages but I prefer bars to grids for cleaning. I also want a cage that has bars on the inside, wood on the outside and plexiglas or acrylic on top of the bars to keep the noise and mess to a minimum. I saw a perfect cage that an Instagram account has. I reached out and it was made by Avian Accents which is no longer in business. This is the cage.

Thanks,

Adam 185DEC6C-7BCE-454D-A78F-AED95F4D0174.png

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
We had our Bourke's cage fabricated by Jon Verde of Affordable Custom Cages. It took him a while but was well worth it. Not sure if he works with bars, as ours is stainless mesh.

Unless you cover all panels with sealed plexiglass (and prevent important ventilation to you bird) there will be almost zero noise reduction. If I'm understanding what you mean - you're saying you want a layer of plexiglass outside of the cage bars, which begs the questions: how would you clean between the bars and plexiglass when seeds/poop/feathers get stuck in there? Cleaning the interior plexiglass seems like it would be a huge challenge. Could you potentially fasten removable plexiglass panels on portions of the cage (near food bowls) and remove/clean as needed?

The bottom third of our cage is plexiglass with no stainless steel mesh, which I suppose prevents a bit of mess but is more aesthetically pleasing so we can see our lil' guy when he plays on the cage floor.

adamc1303

Real Name
Adam
We had our Bourke's cage fabricated by Jon Verde of Affordable Custom Cages. It took him a while but was well worth it. Not sure if he works with bars, as ours is stainless mesh.

Unless you cover all panels with sealed plexiglass (and prevent important ventilation to you bird) there will be almost zero noise reduction. If I'm understanding what you mean - you're saying you want a layer of plexiglass outside of the cage bars, which begs the questions: how would you clean between the bars and plexiglass when seeds/poop/feathers get stuck in there? Cleaning the interior plexiglass seems like it would be a huge challenge. Could you potentially fasten removable plexiglass panels on portions of the cage (near food bowls) and remove/clean as needed?

The bottom third of our cage is plexiglass with no stainless steel mesh, which I suppose prevents a bit of mess but is more aesthetically pleasing so we can see our lil' guy when he plays on the cage floor.
Thew cages that have the Plexiglas over the bars usually have it easily removable. They also use a fan to bring in fresh air. I would usually not have the front and top panel of Plexiglas on. I just need it for certain situations and times. Can you please post a pic of your cage?

Thanks,

Adam

adamc1303

Real Name
Adam
I may just do this on my own and add the plexiglas option to it. I can easily make this and it will allow me to keep my current stainless steel cages.

s-l1600.jpg

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Thew cages that have the Plexiglas over the bars usually have it easily removable. They also use a fan to bring in fresh air. I would usually not have the front and top panel of Plexiglas on. I just need it for certain situations and times. Can you please post a pic of your cage?

Thanks,

Adam

It's good that it's removable and customizable - my first thought was "Ah jeez that'll be hard to clean".
Here's the cage. Layout of perches has changed a bit - but that's not super relevant :)

Size is 30" tall x 36" wide x 22" deep.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You can try Natural Inspirations Parrot Cages. Karrie, the owner, has a facebook page.