• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Look at these cages!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:eek: Don't look at the prices though:eek:
Handcrafted Birdcages About Us

I question the use of copper{edit-brass} though..and I hate that he builds round cages. But wow..they are huge!

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
they are huge but he uses brass not good

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
do you want to invite him to AA for research because they are beautiful

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I guess you missed what I said, and that he does build square cages. I said copper, but meant brass, and do agree round cages should never house a bird. I like the size of them, the huge square one that towers over him.
Check this page out, it says his cages have won awards and are in the most prestigious of places. According to this, he has built them for over 30 years, so why the use of brass? Maybe it isn't as bad as we think?
http://www.handcraftedbirdcages.com/about.html

On the front page it also says he uses stainless steel, marble, and other materials. I would venture a guess that someone like this could make you a cage from whatever you desire, and any shape..at a price.

Last edited:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Haha Carole, we went to the same cage on that page! but I saw the price...:faint:
Not today, Archie and Ella! I hope they didn't get their hopes up too high looking at that picture.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
do you want to invite him to AA for research because they are beautiful
:hehe:

Carole I must say he has a very nice skill indeed ~ hand crafting some nice cages.

I wish he wouldn't post the ones he did, instead show folks more purposeful ones, ones that a parrot can live in.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Unfortunately some people use their birds as an adornment, like art.:(:(:( I am on the hunt for a nice big cage for Gryphon, but cannot find one I really like.{Except I love Courtney's cage for Chiquita, but she is in Canada} I have been looking at monkey cages, ferret cages, sugar glider cages...LOL. I want something with a big footprint.

Last edited:

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
:omg: THE PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Okay, I sent him a message saying I was concerned about the metals he uses in the cages because I had always read that they were toxic to the birds. I'll let you guys know if I get a response.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Unfortunately some people use their birds as an adornment, like art.:(:(:( I am on the hunt for a nice big cage for Gryphon, but cannot find one I really like.{Except I love Courtney's cage for Chiquita, but she is in Canada} I have been looking at monkey cages, ferret cages, sugar glider cages...LOL. I want something with a big footprint.

I use Critter Nation cages 2 big huge doors that open up lots of space, I have them for the community budgies cage (right now houses 11 plus all their toys/ perches and they still have tons of room) Community Cockatiels, one has 5 females other has 4 3 boys and a girl (or i think its a girl) I use them for my breeding cockatiels So 2 tiels and a huge nest box inside Still tons of room , along with a pair of Quakers and their nest box and a pair of conures and their nest box all with toys, perches and Plenty of room for them to do what they want all those ones are the double stack Critter nations I also have a single Critter Nations cage for my sons Ringneck Doves

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
They don't look any bigger than a double macaw cage and the price is horrific.

I would LOVE to put ivy and plants in it though :) Maybe finches.... but no big bird should be put in something like that. Those cages really look only good for decoration.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

Double flight cage?

Or a Cage by Design?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The dble flights are ok, CBD's are overpriced in my opinion. Plus, not many places for a bird that likes to climb on his cage. I found this one, I am not so fond of the pitched roof though..
Prevue White Aviary Flight Cage - Bird.com

Status
Not open for further replies.