• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Look at my house guest!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am bird sitting this little cutie for a week. (That's not me holding him. That's a pic his owner sent me.)

received_4049618285100891.jpeg

I picked him up last night and he's already doing really well. Flying, playing, climbing all over me. He's really a sweetheart.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Well hi there little cutie!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ahhh LOVE him!!! what is his name? :swoon:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ahhh LOVE him!!! what is his name? :swoon:
His name is Henri. I think he's 10 or about that. His original owner sadly passed away about a year ago at a young age. A woman from the rescue knew her and took in Henri. So, he's her bird- not up for adoption. She is on vacation for a week and asked if I could watch him. He's such a character. Very curious and busy. And as soon as I opened his cage he jumped right on my arm. He's really very sweet. I made the mistake this morning of trying to kiss him without really thinking about it. I always kiss my birds. And he gently let me know that we were not on a kissing basis yet. LOL. Just beaked me, didn't bite me. So I will have to try to refrain from kissing him. It will be hard though because he's pretty adorable.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What does Elvis think of him?
He and Elvis were having a bit of a chirping/screaming battle this morning. LOL. Henri is pretty vocal and for some reason his chirps set Elvis off. Maybe because it's just a new sound. Elvis doesn't really react to when the tiels chirp. Elvis is really pretty good about the little birds. I tell him they're the "babies" and on some level I think he's a little bit protective of them. (Not that they directly interact. But he'll go to his cage if he hears Rosie throwing a fit upstairs because he wants to come down.) So, Elvis is mildly interested in Henri, but not overly so. They can see each other. I was actually worried about how Henri would react to Elvis but he doesn't seem to care. Scooter, on the other hand, just kind of looked at me, like another one? And an eye roll if birds could do eye rolls. LOL. Rosie actually was a little apprehensive about him last night but seems to be okay with him this morning.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
He's so cute!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
He is a cutie pie!:heart: I wonder if he can fly well? He has some pretty flight feathers! You are such an awesome foster parent, it sounds like fun!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
So cute! :swoon:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He is a cutie pie!:heart: I wonder if he can fly well? He has some pretty flight feathers! You are such an awesome foster parent, it sounds like fun!
He does this kind of unusual, at least to me, flutter fly. My birds zoom around the house. (Well, not Rosie.) He was flying for me last night. Not a fast flyer but a cute flyer. And thank you. :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He does this kind of unusual, at least to me, flutter fly.
My hen Aldora sounds a bit like that. She weighs in at around 56-57g and I don´t know her full history. She flies differently to everyone else, much more fluttery. She also makes a different sound with her wings.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My hen Aldora sounds a bit like that. She weighs in at around 56-57g and I don´t know her full history. She flies differently to everyone else, much more fluttery. She also makes a different sound with her wings.
Is that big for a lovebird? I was looking at Henri this morning and actually wondering if he was a little chubby. LOL. He's on a good diet though. I wasn't sure if the fluttering was maybe because of his age too?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is that big for a lovebird?
Not particularly. Average is 55g for PFLBs. My other birds are onthe lower 50s.
How much does Henri weigh? He certainly looks plump on the photo, but lovebirds seem to have a knack for that - looking more plump than they actually are.

maybe because of his age too?
Maybe, I have no experience with an older lovebird yet.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Not particularly. Average is 55g for PFLBs. My other birds are onthe lower 50s.
How much does Henri weigh? He certainly looks plump on the photo, but lovebirds seem to have a knack for that - looking more plump than they actually are.

Maybe, I have no experience with an older lovebird yet.
I'm not sure. I can ask his owner when she gets back. It is hard to tell just by looking at him. He's pretty poofy. So I don't know if it's weight or feathers. He just eats chop and pellets though. So it's not like he has a fatty diet. And he's really, really active.