• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Long tailed lizards

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
My daughters teacher had these two long tail lizards in a small container in their classroom. They didn’t want to upgrade to a proper environment so asked if any parents would be willing to adopt them. My daughter is into lizards a lot and after researching and shopping around for the best supplies, we brought the two little ones home today.

Their tank is completely bioactive with all live plants, springtails and dwarf isopods, and real cork bark, leaf litter and seed pods. I’m not a big lizard person, but I enjoy the pretty view of nature their enclosure creates.

They’re a little underweight but their tank is stocked with the above mentioned critters as well as flightless fruit flies so they should feast tonight.

I thought maybe some of you would enjoy the little guys. AB97F85C-95B5-4F71-ACD7-F4BF6D52F19F.jpeg E4A37D33-48C6-4381-95D1-E3E342E57DF5.jpeg 8C6C3149-890D-4CE3-B504-A3AAE3030A2A.jpeg BE818B66-FEC0-45EE-A48D-20D4F66BCE09.jpeg

And here’s a quick pic I took of the lizards in their classroom cage to show the one plastic aquarium plant and what their tank was before. AC9F83BD-B3B7-4254-8DCD-41027CF27B51.jpeg

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow... nice upgrade! They should be so happy with their new environment. I've never seen such a long tailed lizard before... cool!

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank you! Even my husband likes them and he is not a lizard fan usually :lol: .
Well, with the beautiful set up you've created it's like watching a living TV... unless they don't move around much then it's like watching paint dry. I'm glad he likes them too! :D

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Well, with the beautiful set up you've created it's like watching a living TV... unless they don't move around much then it's like watching paint dry. I'm glad he likes them too! :D
They are very active, though this fella seems to be taking a snooze. 11E60A8E-84AE-4DC3-89CA-14CD058FAC36.jpeg :strhng:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Ohhh they have little cutie faces!!! I love them!!!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They're so cute!!! And their enclosure is awesome!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They look very similar to our little skinks but they have much cooler markings I think. They are very cute and the habit you’ve created looks amazing.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They´re lovely! I´m so glad the teacher was reasonable and rehomed them, now they get to live the life of luxury :bliss:
I love their home, all the plants are so beautiful, I´m sure they love it too! :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My goodness those guys have realllllllly long tails. We have some here in the Payson area with extra long tails, but nothing like those. Ours have lots of pretty colors though.