• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Lola Broke the Tip of her Beak!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
How did I miss this yesterday ... Coco, I'm so sorry to hear that Lola got hurt. But I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better. :hug8: How is she doing this morning?

The only experience I have was when Jessie flew into the patio door a few years ago after getting spooked ... I've never heard such a scream of pain come from a bird before. I scooped him up and put him back in his cage. I was so scared and called the emerg vet line right away and they told me to keep him quiet and warm and keep a close eye on him. If I was concerned at all to call them back. He stayed in one spot sleeping for 4 - 5 hours ... he wouldn't let me touch him so I just stayed close but left him alone. By dinner time that evening he was back to his usual self again ... hanging upside down and playing like nothing had ever happened.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:hug8: So happy to hear she is doing better! :D

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad shes doing better!!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Lola's doing wonderfully this morning :) Thank you all so much. She's still a little nap-y... startled by yesterday, I'm sure, plus the fact that we're not at home, but she's doing well and she even cracked open an in shell almond. I'm still giving her softer foods but I'm not too concerned at this point :)

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lola's doing wonderfully this morning :) Thank you all so much. She's still a little nap-y... startled by yesterday, I'm sure, plus the fact that we're not at home, but she's doing well and she even cracked open an in shell almond. I'm still giving her softer foods but I'm not too concerned at this point :)
So glad to hear it :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8: So glad to hear she's doing well. I was thinking about that photo that you posted yesterday and observing that this was the first time Lola didn't have that Cape smile. I guess it must be that curved tip that really creates that famous cape parrot grin!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I just saw this---I'm so glad she's doing fine.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
This good news!!!!!

Sparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
do you have - St. John's Wort oil in the USA? When Lino hurt his beak I have applied a few drops on it and it has healed perfectly and really fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.