• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Little Stars Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
I've never had much luck getting my birds to eat any pasta- I think it's because it's always been a little too big. Anyway, the other day when I was at the grocery store, I saw some "Stars" pasta in the international aisle and decided to try it. I think it cost about 60 cents or something like that ....

The finches are eating it and the cocktiels have been picking at it a bit. My jenday conure tried a little but so far the budgies and my sun conure are ignoring it, haha.

I chopped up some mixed vegetables and mixed them in with the pasta also.

Attachments

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
I should stop and buy some of those. Alec and Aros are butt heads about food though. I'd have to add food coloring to get them to eat it. It would be great if that pasta came in whole wheat.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow I know Squeeky would love those. He likes anything small. I will have to look for these. Thanks for the idea :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I haven't seen those here, but will have to look, my gang would love them too!

Thanks Jamie :thumbsup:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
That's a great idea- I've never looked for tiny pasta for the budgies.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Some how it doesn't surprise me the Finches are loving it. They are such great eaters! lol

I have tried the tiny star pasta here.....to small - they looked at me in a "you expect me to eat that" kind of way. :hehe:

It is cute pasta, goodluck getting the others to eat it jamie. My flock loves them some pasta!

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
The budgies seemed to eat it today, but I put it into the bowls with their birdie bread today, haha.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
That is great. I also have small pasta, alphabet noodles, very small. I also mix it in with veggies, egg and brown rice. They love it.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
For the last couple of weeks, I've been giving rice and pasta to my little birds instead of their birdie bread. This batch is about 2 cups of frozen, mixed vegetables that I ran through the food processor until they were pulverized. I cooked some more of the little stars pasta along with some soba noodles that I broke up into small pieces.
The little birds- even my Gouldian finches loved this mixture.

Attachments

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
coos coos and acini de pepi work really well too

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
I found whole wheat alphabet noodles. I went back and they were gone. They loved them, small bite size peaces.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
yum yum! those sure are cute! have you tried Orzo or the organic vegetable alphabet noodles? tiny tiny! my birds go nuts for them..

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Orzo is GREAT!!! Mine go bananas over orzo. Even if it's just plain old orzo pasta when nothing is on it.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
oh for sure i also cook up bigger pasta "al dente" then let it cool and chop it up in my handy dany chopper or with a knife.. Sunny loves big noodles feef hates them.. lol
Silly birds, its really fun to search all the local stores (whole foods and whole sale) and see what i can find! and at our local Cash and Carry i found huge things of Orzo for WAY WAY cheaper than the rip off that the local grocers call prices

Status
Not open for further replies.