• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Little Rhodie-o

Love Birds

Meeting neighbors
View attachment 354698 It's been a week today since my 4 month-old tiel, Rhodie, passed away. It's been far too quiet here in the house. The silence was loud before, but now it's deafening. Having her empty cage in the room hurt too much, so I had to take it apart, but the empty space still catches my eye. The few feathers she shed are tucked into the cover of a scrapbook and the little plush tiger she came home with stares at me across the room with its little beady eyes, just like she used to.

Rhodie brought light back into our lives and love back into our hearts. She made us realize that we did have the time and energy to care for somebirdy, but were just too afraid of letting them down or messing up. I can never go back from owning birds. They're intelligent, kind, moody, playful, spunky, and a ball of energy and joy that we often lack in our everyday lives. Rhodie was my first, but definitely not my last.

After searching rescues to donate her supplies to, visiting @finchly and her birds, and paying a visit to the Parrot Outreach Society, I realized that Rhodie was a lesson for me. A wake-up call and a reminder that there are always birds out there that will need us more. Birds that long for a second chance, that need a loving home, and need to be shown the kindness and compassion they can have and, frankly, deserve.

We all live on this Earth together and no one should have to do it alone or miserably.

We miss you, Rhodie, but we'll never forget what you've given us.
Sorry for your loss. Birds can bring a lot of joy to one's life. They give a lot of unconditional love.

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
Thank you <3 it's still hard sometimes when I see her ashes by the door, but time and purpose has helped me heal. Having Cosmo around definitely keeps me positive!