• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Little Rhodie-o

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
20200904_115204 (2).jpg It's been a week today since my 4 month-old tiel, Rhodie, passed away. It's been far too quiet here in the house. The silence was loud before, but now it's deafening. Having her empty cage in the room hurt too much, so I had to take it apart, but the empty space still catches my eye. The few feathers she shed are tucked into the cover of a scrapbook and the little plush tiger she came home with stares at me across the room with its little beady eyes, just like she used to.

Rhodie brought light back into our lives and love back into our hearts. She made us realize that we did have the time and energy to care for somebirdy, but were just too afraid of letting them down or messing up. I can never go back from owning birds. They're intelligent, kind, moody, playful, spunky, and a ball of energy and joy that we often lack in our everyday lives. Rhodie was my first, but definitely not my last.

After searching rescues to donate her supplies to, visiting @finchly and her birds, and paying a visit to the Parrot Outreach Society, I realized that Rhodie was a lesson for me. A wake-up call and a reminder that there are always birds out there that will need us more. Birds that long for a second chance, that need a loving home, and need to be shown the kindness and compassion they can have and, frankly, deserve.

We all live on this Earth together and no one should have to do it alone or miserably.

We miss you, Rhodie, but we'll never forget what you've given us.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The silence is so hard. :sadhug2: I hope a bird in need finds you soon to help fill the hole in your heart.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Agreed.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
These animals are angels. I have owned many birds over the years, and each time one of them leaves for the rainbow bridge, it breaks my heart. The only thing you can do is give them the best life you can and remember them fondly. :grouphug2:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry... :sadhug2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Quite the poetic silver lining when one little one leaves us but opens a space in the future for a bird who is maybe not in the best circumstances and is in need of a soft landing and a loving home ❤

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
@cassiophys how many cockatiels were at the Outreach? (I dare not go see; I'll come home with something)
@cassiophys, tell her you don't remember and suggest she come with you to count. :angelic:
:cautious::rolleyes:

ENABLER!

You KNOW I should not get any more!!!
I will say that I didn't see any while I was there, but they say they have some! There was an umbrella too that stole our heart though:swoon: (along with three hybrid conure boys.. and a quaker... and a macaw.... and- :laughin:) and mom had sworn she had never seen so many budgies in her life! :roflmao:

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
@faislaq Watch out or I'll put you on cage cleaning detail. :D

Hey Christiana - I put all those finches back in the cages last night. it was quite a job. They're not real happy about it!
All of them? :eek: Are you sure there wasn't a little rebel hiding up in a corner somewhere? :cautious::p

I'm sure it was! With all that energy and excitement I'm sure they weren't ready for it to be over :laugh:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
All of them? :eek: Are you sure there wasn't a little rebel hiding up in a corner somewhere? :cautious::p

I'm sure it was! With all that energy and excitement I'm sure they weren't ready for it to be over :laugh:
Oh actually. The crested canary is still out. She wanted to be near her true love, not locked up in some nasty finch cage. Hoping to catch her today. LOL

You are mean, I think @faislaq is a bad influence. Maybe next time you can call me and we'll meet at the outreach.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran