• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Little peach canary

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I have been putting off telling you guys that I brought home a canary. He. Is. Amazing! Fearless and adventurous until I change the paper and the tray. He's currently quarantined in the bathroom, and has the run of it and the separate vanity area. I had to fashion a series of curtains, but it's working well. He is singing a little, and is extra cute when his head feathers are wet. He's also enjoying the greens I've been hanging. Unlike Monaco, he is really excited about new things, and assumes they're all for him.
IMG_20200314_185514023.jpg

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am a huge canary fan. Your new boy is precious! Congrats!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:heart2:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Awww what a cutie! Congrats!!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
So I've been on a tech diet lately. I have settled on a name...

Juan Canary Melonius Thunk - I call him Mel. He's about midway through quarantine, and I am really anxious to get him out of the bathroom! He's molting, playing around with his feeding stations, and even comes to see me when he forgives me for the scatt doses. He really goes for the fattest perches. He loves his rope swing (like a boing, but a triangle) and the coconut thing I use for a feeding station. He's a good flier! It's the only thing I'm worried about when he moves out of the bathroom... He's not going to have the same flight options, and I'm pretty sure it will break my heart to cage him.

Anyway, I've got a few more weeks to go.

Skye

Strolling the yard
Aw, he's lovely! Juan Canary Melonius Thunk... almost majestic, I mean it is! :laugh:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
IMG_20200516_190115.jpg

He (possibly she...) is much more orange and bright post molt. It's hard to get pictures!

Here is the update about foraging :

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
So, Mel is totally enthralled with monaco's cage, perches, dishes, toys, and I even caught him picking at a chunk of mango. Monaco could not wait for him to leave, and launched herself off of the kitchen doorway perch. Ugh! I have a plan for a recreation area for Mel, because as cute and informative as it is to watch Mel and learn what he likes it's at least as important to not stress out the big bird with a weapon on her face.

I also keep catching him in front of the big mirror in the bathroom. Looking for a friend, poor guy.

Tomorrow I'm going to introduce a little flat tray of toys and sprinkle his seeds on it. I'd like to get him an activity tunnel from hootnholler eventually. I think he'd like all the beads, especially hung in the window where it can catch the light.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
IMG_20200712_183026.jpg

Kate, @WallyLoopey at hoot and holler made melon this foraging house. It's so perfect!

He's also been eating more fresh food if I put it in the window near Monaco.
IMG_20200711_132430.jpg

Checking out new toys for Monaco. I think he's pretty good quality control... He's still a little bit worried about his new swing, but he's eyeing the millet I put on it.

IMG_20200626_160733.jpg

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi