• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Little Miss PickyFeathers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Well a while back there was a thread on the awesome idea of asking different companies for samples of their pellets. I followed suit and got the Roudybush in today. Naomi climbed the cage above her food dish looking in it like "what is this? this is not seed..." then climbed down to further investigate this atrocity sitting in her food dish. She leaned in, pulled back out, looked at me like "what is THIS?! What are you doing to me?!" then her head disappeared into the dish again. I rolled my eyes and looked away to hear "crunch crunch crack, crunch..." Miss PickyFeathers is eating pellets ladies and gentlemen...and birds! Mickey got a sample bag as well and he dove in and all i heard was "mmm....mmm...MMMMM..MMMMmmmmm":hehe:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I find Roudybush the easiest food to get a seed eater to try. Due to their color and size (crumbles) they look similar to seed, therefore they are recognized as food and most will at least try a nibble :)

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I feed all my fiddos Roudybush and Zupreem. Big guys get the natural Zupreem (Cuppy won't touch the roudybush) and the littles get it all mixed together.

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
I can't get Ella to eat the Roudybush either,unless I crush it, pour almond milk on it or crumble it in oatmeal, then she takes a few bites and spits out any hard big pieces.

I tried her with Zupreem one day since Zoey eats those and she ate them up no problems. But she mostly gets cooked foods and she has bountiful harvest and pellets for snacks, also she gets nuts for snacking and millet.

Status
Not open for further replies.