• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Lino has flew into the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Oh, I will keep you and Lino in my thoughts :hug8: I would definitely take him to a Vet ASAP though as this is how poor Theodore passed away and I can think of a few other birds on the forum as well... :(

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
There's no worse feeling in the pit of your stomach after your birds have had a fright than to find one staggering by a window or door. :eek: I've found that even with their wings clipped, my gccs can fly when they absolutely want to and a scare does that.

Here's to hoping Lino will be okay and his beak is alright too.:hug8::hug8:

Sparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
Oh, I will keep you and Lino in my thoughts :hug8: I would definitely take him to a Vet ASAP though as this is how poor Theodore passed away and I can think of a few other birds on the forum as well... :(
I tryed calling my non avian vet, the one I take my dog to...he's not there...just his assistant :( I have to wait until tomorrow and it's litteraly, braking my heart.

Lino seems fine, though...but I'd still feel better if a AV would see him, or at least if I could talk to one, so I know what to do...He ate his dinner and even talked to me a bit. :heart:

penguin

Avenue Veteran
Well, just leave a message for the vet to call you asap and watch Lino for the night. If there is an issue, I bring their sleep cages into the bedroom or leave my door open so I can hear the birds at night.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Eating is a good sign. I hope he is on his way to feeling better. :hug8:

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Oh no I just saw this. I'm sorry this happened, I hope Lino continues to get better. Keep us updated :hug2:

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
keeping you and Lino in my thoughts today. Hope he is feeling better soon. I had Odin crash into a wall once when she was learning to fly, she chipped the tip of her beak off, scared me to death.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry. Prayers and good thoughts coming. :hug8:

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
Thank you all for your kind thoughts :hug8:

It's 10 pm here and Lino is sleeping. I check him every so often. He's eyes are clear, that gave me a little comfort. He did eat on his own,so I guess that's a good sign. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, but than again, they're so good at masking it. His poop is normal...another plus.

I'm hoping we go through the night without any problems and tomorrow I wake up to my normal Lino.

lainyg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elaine
That is one of my biggest fears! Because you have curtains, I bet Lino didn't hit it as hard a he wouldn't have been trying to fly through it. You're taking good care of him and it's good that he's eating and sleeping. Try putting the heat on just one part of his cage so he can move back towards it if he wants. Get some sleep and hopefully the vet can see Lino tomorrow and give him a clean bill of heath. :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Hope you both have a good night's rest. Please let us know how Lino is in the morning. :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope he is ok, My Wrennie flew into the window and got injured pretty badly, please let us know. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending healing energy!:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I hope Lino is feeling better and doing well in the morning. I hope you are able to rest as well. :hug8:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am guessing he will be all right, but keep him quiet and dont let him get cold. I heard from an avian rescue that birds have a remarkable ability to recover from head injuries if kept warm. I dont know how true this is. One day while walking into work (hospital) I saw a beautiful yellow cactus wren hit the glass windows at about 4 stories up. It fell to the grass. I ran outside and picked it up. It was stunned and not moving. I cupped it in my hand and took it into work. I put it in a shoe box and called the rescue. While talking to them, they asked me something and I opened the lid of the box to check. Out he flew! He flew all around the dept. and headed into the OR's! Everyone was scrambling to keep him out of the ORs. We corraled him in an office and I took him outside and let him go. The vet rescue said that me holding him warm in my hands may have saved his life.

I hope your little bird recovers just as well.

lzver

Real Name
Laura
I've been thinking about you and Lino today. I'm happy to hear that he seems ok. I hope he has a good night and is better in the morning :hug8:

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
Some birds will manage to fly far enough to bump into a window even if they are clipped! I sure hope your bird is fine in the morning. I would make sure he is warm but not too warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.