• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Lino has flew into the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
As some of you know, for a month my birds were at my parrents house. They're back home with me now. Today a crow spooked Lino and he flew, from the big playground, with all the strenght he has towards the kitchen cabinet...missed it...and landed into the window :(

I ran to pick him up, but he started flying around, completely disoriented...

he seems fine, nothing broken, poop is fine...but he's calmer than his usuall self. I don't know if that's from shock or pain. I tryed called the only AV around here and she's not there :(

What can I do?

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Please try and relax.

There is a good chance Lino is still in shock. Move his cage into a quiet, warm, in semi-dark area and let him relax. Keep an eye on Lino for any signs of discomfort, pain, etc. Limit food and liquids until he appears to be doing better, you don't want him to regurgitate if in shock. A couple of drops of dextrose will not hurt him should Lino appear weak.

Call you avian vet when available.

Last edited:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'm not that knowledgeable. I had Rika take a bad hit against a solid wall, lost a line of feathers but was fine. Still, I would keep Lina as quiet as possible,(maybe a "sick cage" with added warmth ) moniter her eating and drinking , keep some Pedilylite on hand if she still seems shocky. And try again for the vet in case she has any internal injuries. I 'll keep the two of you in my prayers.

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Iskra, I've had a similar thing happen to my Jessie a few years ago. He hit the window really hard and yelped when he hit. I called the vet immediately and they advised me to watch him very closely and if I was concerned bring him in right away. As it turns out he was a little off for a couple hours. He was quiet, puffed up, and slept for a few hours. After that he started to perk up and was fine. I hope thats the same case with Lino. I pretty much watched him like a hawk, but left him alone.

I really hope Lino is ok Iskra. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
Thank you everyone. :hug8: I placed him in a smaller, temporary cage. He seems alert, though...but calm. I gave him a bit of Prime multivitamins in his water (at the moment that's all I have in my house) and placed him a spare room. Tomorrow I'll call my AV (it 6 p.m here)

He doesn't seem to have any trouble holding on his perches....I gave him some heating, but he moved away from it, so I turned it off.

twokidzmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sally
This is why I keep my birds wings clipped. I think that he will probably be ok. If you are worried at all, call the vet in the morning.

Min

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melinda
On my windows that don't have curtains that I like to have open, I put that weatherproofing plastic up. Any birds that hit it kinda bounce instead of smack. Hope your little one is fine.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Do keep an eye on him for the next several days, any kind of disorientation, unbalancing, or trance like state, it could be a concussion and sometimes it takes up to 3 days for symptoms to manifest. Prayers that he will be okay.

Ginger

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Praying that he will be ok.

TheBeesKnees

Real Name
Lindsey Champine
Praying also that he'll be ok! :hug8:No way you could've prepared yourself for that, don't beat yourself up, as you know wings clipped or not clipped, they can always still fly sometimes....:o:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Whenever that's happened Iskra, I usually pick up whoever it was and cuddle them against me for a while, cupping them against my body and just holding them so that they don't thrash around (if they're still scared). I'll also talk to them in a very low voice while I check them out to make sure that everything is okay (wing/leg wise). Then I'll put them into their cage and close the door and keep an eye on whoever until I'm sure that they are really okay.:hug8::hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Sending over many prayers and healing vibes for little Lino.. :hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Will pray for little lino, hope he gets back to his naughty self ssoon:hug8:

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
He seems better...but I think he bruised his beak pretty bad :(

KarenBradley

Strolling the yard
It's horrible when ur bird flys into a window your heart sinks :( my kak flew into the window shortly after I got him he was dazed for afew hours but then was back to himself. I hope Lino is better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.