• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciesana

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
MBS Alert

so...before I adopted Eddie, I had planned to get a linne from a lady who lives in my area. I went to visit and she had the most beautiful babies!!!!!

She just left a message on my phone, asking if I still want one! :omg: Somebody help me; I'm having an MBS attack!!

So, does a linnie fit into my long term life plan? I know that when my dad retires I will get Jake (CAG) back. Icky (16-yr old slate lovie) probably won't be around :( but I know that I have room in my heart for another Lutino someday.

So that would put me up to 3 birds.
Eddie - red bellied parrot
Jake - CAG
Lutino lovie

And linnie? I have a "real life" now. I'm no longer a student even though I still feel like one (and live like one). Do I put a deposit on a linne? Will Eddie feel betrayed if I get another bird? What can I expect with a Linnie? How like lovies are they? GAK! I don't know what to do!!:shrug3:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
bumping this up for you!:) Joanna has a linnie and she is in school also, so I bet she could help you out. I do not have a linnie, but I do know that if you get another bird then your other birds will get used to you have a extra bird, mine certainly did.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I don't have a linnie, but just wanted to offer you support in whatever decision you make.

Every time I brought home a new bird I was worried, but things always worked out.

Only you know if you have the time for another....:hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I get stressed everytime I bring in a new fid, as a rescue they come in pretty frequently even as I am trying to keep them with the owners! it is stressful , but it always works out somehow. Good luck on your decision.

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Thanks, everyone. I really, really appreciate your support!!:hug8:

Are there any linnie owners who want to chime in?

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Hey hun!!

I just transitioned from student to working AND just got a baby Linnie!

You have to really figure out your schedule. Right now, in the "transitional" period... and it's hard but once things get settled, I'm sure it'll be easier.
It's always hard at first because you're figuring each other out but my Linnie (Gus Gus) is the most stable and sweet bird. He plays on his own in his cage. The onlllly hard thing is that if he's on his play cage downstairs he'll try to fly to me... lol... he's clipped but after he ends up on the floor he'll just walk to me :)

Anyway... the deciding factor for me was what I felt with Gus. I wanted a Linnie for the last 3 years! I met Gus and I could barely put him down. It wasn't just ANY Linnie... there were others there... I felt that connection :)
Maybe just go meet them and see if there is a special one that you connect with?!

My birds get jealous because they would all love to ride around on me 24/7 but being too clingy isn't good. I make sure that they each have their special time with me. I talk to them, give them special treats and toys, and everyday we get special one on one time.

I don't have a Lovie but Gus is seriously my ideal tiny bird. He is calm. Cuddly. Plays on his own. Isn't LOUD (I can barely hear him). He doesn't chew my clothes or bite my ears. He loves to just ride around with me on my shoulder. He isn't scared of unfamiliar people or situations. He's friendly with everyone.
I absolutely adore him!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I haven't been a Linnie owner long, just since Tuesday:) My Linnie Pickle (I think that's his name:) is great. He is a rehome and afraid of being held, so I am just starting to work on that. He is VERY chattery and talky! He is silly and likes to hang upside down in his cage. He is a great eater. He loves to be out of his cage, but because he isn't able to be held, it is scary for him to be put back (even though I have him step on a little ladder), so I am not having him out as he gets more comfortable. For me it was like Joanna. This little bird was on CL and I fell in love with his pictures. There was a baby for $25 more one town over, but I really wanted him. I think you should go for it. If you have to talk yourself out of it, it probably means you really want him:)

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.