• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnies breeding unintentionally!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I just worry about her being uncomfortable when she has to sit on them :(
When they are too comfy they sit longer (until ¨hatch day¨, or longer). When they are on the grid, they will usually abandon them before the incubation time is up.

8BitGhost

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
When they are too comfy they sit longer (until ¨hatch day¨, or longer). When they are on the grid, they will usually abandon them before the incubation time is up.
Oh, I guess that makes sense, you kind of want them to be uncomfortable so this is over with faster... Okay, I will remove the flat hammock :)

8BitGhost

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Sorry to revive this but I thought I'd update -- 8-Bit has, I guess, just lost interest. Between the nests being removed and them getting 12-14 hours of sleep a day, and a strict 8 hours with the Avian Sun on, she's just stopped laying, stopped trying to nest in the couch, and is slowly dropping her bad attitude with us. She had 3 eggs total, including the one that broke, and never really had much interest in the two she had in the cage (which I boiled -- I'm leaving them there a bit longer, but she hasn't had a new one in almost a week).

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If she has lost interest, remove the eggs and nest :)