• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

niamhk

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Niamh Kempton
So i’m thinking now of getting a Linnie! I’ve always wanted one but choose a quaker over them in the end.
I currently have 2 cockatiels, 1 indian ringneck and a green cheek conure.
Would they be alright together? They wouldn’t live in the same cages of course. But can they live with cockatiels. Some people said cockatiels are dusty which can be dangerous but i’ve never really seen much dust off them and their cage doesn’t have any dust in. is it normal to not see the dust?
I would be letting them outside in my bedroom together at the same time. my indian ringneck is very calm and doesn’t care for other birds so i wouldn’t be worried about the beak on my ringneck vs a linnie. Any information and cage sizes and best cages for them would be great! My birds spend most the day out of their cages normally.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Do you have a humidifier and/or an air filter. If so, that is why you won't see much dust. I love linnies, so I am interested to see what others say!

So you already have a gcc? I thought you were looking to get one in you last thread?

I would consider moving the conure out of the room, as well as any new birds you may get.

This link takes you to a breeder of a few of the species you have mentioned...

Ali

niamhk

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Niamh Kempton
also is them being hand reared important? is a hand reared one easy to find? All of mine are hand reared. my old quaker was parent reared and was super friendly

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
also is them being hand reared important? is a hand reared one easy to find? All of mine are hand reared. my old quaker was parent reared and was super friendly
The breeder above is parent raised, but they sell at a tamable age (but weaned). Some examples are shown of tame parrotlets (just above linnies)

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
But can they live with cockatiels. Some people said cockatiels are dusty which can be dangerous but i’ve never really seen much dust off them and their cage doesn’t have any dust in. is it normal to not see the dust?
@Hankmacaw can go into the details about dust for you, she is very knowledgeable on the subject.