• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie with diarrhoea

Caza66

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
I have 2 identical linnies in a cage that have recently laid eggs. I didnt intend them to breed until i could get them in the aviary in the better weather but they have had other ideas. (I only put the box in after she laid the first egg) they are due to hatch 16th march. One of them has just come out of the box for a feed when I noticed a diarrhoea poop on the floor of the cage. It is completely brown (tiny bit of white) and runny.

Trouble is I can't tell which bird it is without seeing it in action.

I have never had a bird with diarrhoea before. Is there anything I can do? Vet is not open now until Monday.

Typical, been the vet this morning to get another 3 sexed.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it just one poop?

Caza66

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
Yes, At the moment. Hubby had just cleaned them out and he didn't mention seeing any others and I don't remember any this morning.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, At the moment. Hubby had just cleaned them out and he didn't mention seeing any others and I don't remember any this morning.
As long as its only one, and nothing else is wrong they should be fine. :) Let us know if anything changes.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
It could just be the fact they are sitting on eggs and doing their jobs...keep an eye on them.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Must admit, this was my first thought. At what point should I consider taking her to the vet? Thanks
If you're noticing diarrhea for several hours, or if anything else is off.

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
I would imagine even Linnies have egg poops, which can be particularly nasty, but nothing to be concerned about.

Caza66

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
There was another diarrhoea poop yesterday. Today nothing until about 20 minutes ago and it looks normal but not sure who did it. I suppose if she is holding it in all this time it isn't going to be normal!

Caza66

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
Thanks for your comments. Their poops are back to almost normal since Monday morning. A little bit dark but all ok.

Just realised that I started this thread in the wrong place. Oops sorry.