• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Bites

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
How bad do linnie bites/scratches get? Do they ever draw blood?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My Emrys once broke the skin, but he was running around on the ground and I had to grab him to get him back to his cage so it was purely response to fear. Otherwise, their bites aren't much, in my opinion. Caspar will get aggressive towards me but he's never bit me too hard. And he gets aggressive because I have him and Emrys housed together and they've formed a strong bond and Emrys is shy and Caspar tries to protect him.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Parrotlets are of a similar body size, but different birds in reality.

They have broken skin before. Never because we sought it out. Neptune was in a fight with Picard. He was bleeding it was very dramatic. I had to seperate them. This was the worse bite I have gotten. Breaking the skin is relative. I don't have any scare. They are tiny and can't really harm us. It isn't like they can take a finger. It is like being pinched. Picard gets protective of my partner. Picard has nipped at my feet and it was very pinchy. He wanted Eric to himself! :p

I think the bigger issue with a small bird is you need to control yourself when bit. If I reacted when Picard nipped my feet I could have easily stepped on him. He kept charging for more. I had to sit on the couch and lift my feet out of his aggro range. Or if one bites your finger and pull away you could hurt them.

It can happen, but dont worry. Honestly if you respect the boundaries and read the body language bites are rare. They let you know when they are not having it. :)

Hope it helps.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi bites in specific circumstances and I can mostly avoid it. She is cage/play gym territorial, so I can't clean or re-arrange anything when she is there. If I were to try to clean poop off a perch/move a toy when she is in the cage, she would lunge and try to bite me. The same goes for the play gym, just leave it alone when she is there. It had been months since I was bitten but a few days ago she flew to my lap. I was texting on my phone and she was chewing on the edge of the case. Then she got frustrated that my finger was in the way and bit me! I said "No biting!" in a moderate voice. I just put the phone to the side and she flew away. She returned quickly and was sweet again. She has broken skin when she bites but usually not. And it's not that painful.

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Thank you all so much for the helpful replies! Really appreciate it. :fairy2: