• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie anatomy lesson

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi just lost 2 feathers, both exactly the same, and no angle to them at all. Referring to the pic below, I guess they are the center 2 tail feathers. Here's a little anatomy lesson.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG this is Gigi from the top. She literally lost the point of her tail. It's been a quite a molt but she's looking brighter green which means she is getting rid of those used feathers that start to get a dark tinge to them.

upload_2019-10-16_18-38-17.jpeg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I've noticed the dark in my conure. My boys seem to be mostly done with their molt, except for Emrys is still a little lopsided and needs about three more primaries on his right.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just posted this in pictures, but here's an example of what a Linnie should not look like. This is a tennis ball. I think.

upload_2019-10-20_14-48-45.jpeg

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Aww, hopefully her moult ends soon!
Machi hasn't lost big feathers yet, it's been more small feathers and fluff but then again he had little quills on his face when I first got him. It and the itchiness that came with it is probably why he only allows hands near when they promise scritches :laugh:

Koyuki on the other hand is moulting the rest of her feathers off at the moment, and they're all flight feathers and tail feathers that she kept from her "puberty" moult from last spring, it's pretty interesting to see how two different birds shed their feathers!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, so interesting! Gigi's molt might be over! It was crazy fast and furious!

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street
:coffeescreen: Tennis ball!