• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Link to Information on Hormonal Behavior in Birds

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I recognized a lot of my Maxi Pis behavior in this article. Very helpful to read this. Thanks for sharing, Holiday!

Jackie

Walking the driveway
I hope we can do without the shot this year! My little guy has come so far!

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
The link isn't working any more :(

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Question: now that Odin is not "horney" anymore, do I stop putting him to bed at 7pm? or keep this routine all the time now?

RandyMiller

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Randy Miller
Thanks for sharing the article.

Teaks mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hope Berger
Thank you for this article! I am going to try an earlier bedtime and some extra distractions. Maybe just maybe I can get my sweetie back and lose the raptor in her cage!

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
my cockatiel was attracted to my feet and would sing to them, now he just wants to bite them so i hide them away. he's very hormonal again and i'm finding him rather unpleasant! great article

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Sigh....this explains Freddy's complete turn around this weekend. Joe, my fiancee, fixed the TV surround sound, and Freddy's afraid of the subwoofer sounds. We don't play anything loud, but I am certain it's the low rumble he's afraid of. Wondering if it mimics thunder in the wild. When he hears it he hurries into his cage, so we don't use it when he's out. Also this week I have seen a lot of behavior symmetry with this article. I know he's moulting and he's turning 8 this year so I know he's hormonal. I need to read up more on the Galah.

Cgrinfelds

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cassandra
Boy, thats good to read. Nitro is definitely one hormonal little girl right now. It can be so aggravating at times!
Oh no. I have been making the problem worse. Good article . I need to read more like this

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John