• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linicko the Linnie

Wacca

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
I'm sure it is puberty, he is jumping our hands and trying to do something moving his tail left and right, but no success. Same movement as our green cheek, but faaaar earlier. Read before they can enter puberty as early as 3mos, so could be. If I didn't handfeed him I would be sure he is older than thought.

Hands are not an issue, each time he did that hands were far away. It wasn't his cage as well, like defending his territory. But what worries me is that few times it was me who was cuddling with him before and he had nice time with me and them my daughter came and I had some sort of interaction with her. Could it be something like possessiveness?

He is changing his feathers for the first time now, so he is also bit more nervous poor thing.

Begging for a cuddle. In any situation he will just come and push your hand. ❤

IMG-20210225-WA0072.jpeg

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
I loved it for everything but nibbling on the 5 yr old, the poor baby just wanted to be friends!

All things pass but I'm so happy to hear he is settling in nicely for the most part
And she is so gentle with him, measuring her each action, asking if something would scare him. Unlike other kids pulling ans stretching animals, she is so kind and when petting him she is so soft. She was sobbing for 15mis and I had mixed feelings to be frank - helping her, comforting her, but also thinking about him and what cause all of that.:ashamed2:

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
So sweet! I love linnies!!!

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
And she is so gentle with him, measuring her each action, asking if something would scare him. Unlike other kids pulling ans stretching animals, she is so kind and when petting him she is so soft. She was sobbing for 15mis and I had mixed feelings to be frank - helping her, comforting her, but also thinking about him and what cause all of that.:ashamed2:
I hope she isnt terribly frighten of him now. It may just be his trying to explore and thinking what is this hanging on the side, a new toy maybe? I don’t have a linnie but my parrotlet had a thing for ears once but I think it was short lived in my experience. Like hanging from my hair And thinking it was a toy. I also have to warn people with tattoos if they want to hold her because she thinks it’s something she could play with and pick up and boy does she try to bite them lol

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
Well, things are really bad with our Linnie. Flight attacks at our child are so frequent that this is crazy... We really do struggle, tried many techniques, but attacks just come when there is no obvious reason for them. Even when she passed near his cage there is that terrible sound. This breaks my heart, I really don't know what to do and if it is ever going to stop.