• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linicko the Linnie

Wacca

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Hello, everyone! :greet14:

It's been a long time (almost 10y) since I posted something on this forum, but this little guy deserves it.
We are proud owners of baby Linnie, he is 2mos old and in weaning process. It is my first time having a Linnie and comparing to GCC this is one sweet and silent bird as I can say. :) Hope he will be completely weaned soon we'll have many nice memories together. I'm always comparing Linnie with GCC and I'm amazed how much those guys can eat! GCCs eat a lot, but this...:eating:

Lini cebence1.jpg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sweet face!
We look forward to hearing all about him!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Compare the Senegals appetite... no where near! And those 1st thing MORNING POOPS! Oh my goodness!
He looks SO SWEET!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome back, and congratulations!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome back! He's adorable. :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
And they poop as inexplicably much as well! My other birds have nothing on my linnies! :wacky:

Welcome!

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
Thank you everyone!

I thought that transition from formula to seeds won't be easy, but he is abandoning formula and eaings seeds quite nice. :)
These days little guy explores house (both his and ours) and is getting really good in flying, which is great. I see that he is interested in toys and climbing (comparing to our GCC who just wants to cuddle, chew and scream:headphones:) so thinking of some climbing ropes, but he is not so great with his own feet still, so I'm bit afraid to let him... However, until I do it he will be old enough. :wacky:

What we discovered is that he loves bathing! But again, comparing to GCC who would go into bowl and swims, this fellow enjoys spraying! So funny!

And he loooves hiding! God, he is hiding between pillows and you need to be really careful not to make a pancake from him.
:shocked3:

ScreenHunter_007.gif

ScreenHunter_005.gif

ScreenHunter_006.gif

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
It's been almost 2 months since this little turquoise ball came into our lives and we created great bond with him (we guess it is him). Mornings are reserved for cuddling with youngest in the family and evenings are for cuddling with adults. His schedule is amazing - bit of snacks, bit of play, bit of flying all over the place, bit of cuddling and bit of his own time away from us. I'm surprised how fast he discovered all parts of house and I'm very proud of him being more brave every day and not paying great attention to free flying ringnecks outdoors and falcons and other threats. He starts to feel more safe and usually runs and hides in my hair if upset which makes me feel good.
IMG-20210208-WA0076.jpeg IMG-20210208-WA0069.jpeg IMG-20210205-WA0047.jpeg

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh what a sweet and handsome Linnie!
:heart::wow: :heart:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
What an adorable linnie! The way they bathe is so darn cute, isn't it? My two are ridiculous about water, soaking wet and still upside down waiting for more! One of mine is turquoise, as well.

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
What an adorable linnie! The way they bathe is so darn cute, isn't it? My two are ridiculous about water, soaking wet and still upside down waiting for more! One of mine is turquoise, as well.
Yes, so cute when taking bath with wings up high and head so low! But still I prefer GCC way of bathing, they just dive into dish and no need for me to spray everything and everybody around. :D

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love the wet chicken pictures!

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Ohh how adorable!! So happy he/she is setting in so well with your family :loveshower:

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
Linicko will be 4 months old in a week and I can't believe he is already entering puberty! He is still cuddly and sweet most of the time, but we have face (mostly ears) attacks, screaming and biting. Only positive thing is that we now know he is he.

I'm trying to figure out when attacks occure, but not sure. Last week he flew out of cage and landed on my daughter's head and started biting her poor ear so badly that she got few bruises. For a 5y old it was a big shock and it did hurt her feelings too.

So, things are not great but this too shall pass... I guess. Those screams and attacks are not for kidding, I swear. Linnies are such an amazing birds.

Mr. Grumpy enjoys nice weather.
IMG-20210212-WA0019.jpeg

Mr. Grumpy is trying to make my hair.
IMG-20210211-WA0087.jpeg

And Linicko is back, Mr. Grumpy went for a walk.
IMG-20210210-WA0041.jpeg

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
I loved it for everything but nibbling on the 5 yr old, the poor baby just wanted to be friends!

All things pass but I'm so happy to hear he is settling in nicely for the most part

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a handsome bird! His color is gorgeous and so vibrant.

I am unsure that a 4 month old can be going through puberty, more likely the honeymoon is over and he's just learning that he can test you to the limit. I would try to keep him off any head and shoulders for now. Could it be that hands go up when he lands and that's what he's mad about? Many Linnies are hands off. My 3 year old loves me, but would I prefer I didn't touch her now. My 3 month old allows pets on the head, but I'll be watching to see if that changes. It's a roller coaster figuring it all out.