• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lines Around the Eyes

Blue-Wing

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
Hi, my almost 1 year (with me) budgies are doing well so far. Lately I have noticed some lines on my male’s face around his eyes, and then one day he had his feathers “puffed” up and it wasn’t cold. After he ate the puffed up look went away, but the lines still remain. Anyone have any idea what this means? ...and please no: “Take them to the vet” comments. Not everyone has the money needed or wants to get a credit line to do so. Personally, I’m sick of seeing these comments over and over again. Yes, I think we all know the best option is the vet, but as I said not everyone has that kind of money, not to mention the critical and rude attitude vets often give you. If you honestly don’t have any idea, and all you can offer is “take it to the vet!” please just move on. You will save yourself and me the time and energy spent. I’m looking for ideas and input from DIY bird keepers only. Thx

Last edited:

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Can you take a photo of the lines and post them? Make sure he's in good lighting and the picture is very clear.