• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lineolated parakeet breeders in Northern CA?

Birdlee

Meeting neighbors
(Not sure if this is exactly the right place, but I've noticed other posts asking about breeders, so let me know if this is the wrong place.)

I live in Northern CA, and both of the bird stores in my area just told me they may not have linnies until late summer, instead of spring/early summer as they previously thought. I know both stores take really good care of their birds, handle them regularly, and hand raise them, and many other bird owners in my area who I've spoken to recommend them, so I'd be okay with waiting until August if necessary. But I'd also like to get some breeder recommendations just to explore my options. I'd originally given up on breeders because most of the California ones are in Southern CA and I don't want to stress out the bird by making it sit in the car for 6-8 hours on the way back, but if anyone knows of some good Northern CA linnie breeders I'd love to check them out!

SaritaBird

Checking out the neighborhood
(Not sure if this is exactly the right place, but I've noticed other posts asking about breeders, so let me know if this is the wrong place.)

I live in Northern CA, and both of the bird stores in my area just told me they may not have linnies until late summer, instead of spring/early summer as they previously thought. I know both stores take really good care of their birds, handle them regularly, and hand raise them, and many other bird owners in my area who I've spoken to recommend them, so I'd be okay with waiting until August if necessary. But I'd also like to get some breeder recommendations just to explore my options. I'd originally given up on breeders because most of the California ones are in Southern CA and I don't want to stress out the bird by making it sit in the car for 6-8 hours on the way back, but if anyone knows of some good Northern CA linnie breeders I'd love to check them out!
Hi! I’m also in Northern CA and looking for a Linnie breeder. I hope you’ve found your linnie by now and are doing well. Would you be able to share the stores that sell Linnie’s? I have been searching for one as well. I’ll also be checking out the exotic bird expo in March in Fremont. Thanks!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hi! I’m also in Northern CA and looking for a Linnie breeder. I hope you’ve found your linnie by now and are doing well. Would you be able to share the stores that sell Linnie’s? I have been searching for one as well. I’ll also be checking out the exotic bird expo in March in Fremont. Thanks!
This member has not logged in in almost a year, so you will most likely not receive a reply.