• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lilac Crowned Amazon

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just wanted to post a photo of the LCA I met yesterday when I was at the vet's office with 3 of my birds. This little guy is just a few months old and very cute and friendly. He came right over to me, jumped up on my arm and made a few baby noises. Curious about the personality of an LCA. I've read that they are generally calm and don't have the hot personalities of a YNA or BFA.
lca2.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Lilac crowns are very much sweet, gentle and not hot at all. Very much as even tempered as the Red Lored.

Very beautiful Amazon, one of my favs along with the Red Lored and the Bodini! Then again, I have a love for all Amazons.:heart: I know if I met that baby I'd be a puddle of mush. :hehe:

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have any experience with them, but I still want one. They are one of my favorite species and I rarely hear anyone complain about their's. I've heard one or two people complain that they are a little noisy, but others say they are quieter than other species of amazon. Definitely not a hot 3 species. If I didn't already have enough, a lilac crown would be on my list.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
You got me with that, I can't handle the noise.

And this is the bad part about Rio/Capt Jack living in the office: I had the volume up really loud! Poor babies! :lol:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The noise that you hear is the flock communication which is highly unlikely to hear with one in a captive setting. They are very quiet as most content Amazons are. My loudest bird here by far is Kazoo. The sound off time is both boys together, happy time and when they get together. Right now, they are together, I hear nothing. Sophie has an ear piercing shriek and sometimes it does hit and ear drum nerve but her noises are only because she wants us or is she doesn't see me. Now she's quiet LOL But going to her everytime she does that only reinforces that she makes noise, I respond.

I would be that two happy LCA's would be pretty quiet and content.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The noise that you hear is the flock communication which is highly unlikely to hear with one in a captive setting. They are very quiet as most content Amazons are. My loudest bird here by far is Kazoo. The sound off time is both boys together, happy time and when they get together. Right now, they are together, I hear nothing. Sophie has an ear piercing shriek and sometimes it does hit and ear drum nerve but her noises are only because she wants us or is she doesn't see me. Now she's quiet LOL But going to her everytime she does that only reinforces that she makes noise, I respond.

I would be that two happy LCA's would be pretty quiet and content.

My BFA is quiet but my YNA can be VERY loud. She screams, "NO" and "STOP". When I first got her it went on almost nonstop but now she is quiet most of the time. I am very glad that Casey never copied this because he watches other birds and will sometimes copy their behaviors. I've heard the Amazons communicating loudly as they fly overhead. Can't get a close enough look to see what kind, though. Could be LCAs since there are several flocks of them in the So. CA area.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oooooo.... aaaaah.... so pretty! I agree with Claire... I think they are likely to be noisier in a group. I thought I'd be in amazon hell having two of the hot 3 in terms of noise. Actually, they are much more quiet than my four crimsons! How did your vet come across a baby?

What...what is that sound? Oh! The sound of a bird vacuum? Sucking you in ... just a little bit? It sure is preeeettty... :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oooooo.... aaaaah.... so pretty! I agree with Claire... I think they are likely to be noisier in a group. I thought I'd be in amazon HE double hockey sticks having two of the hot 3 in terms of noise. Actually, they are much more quiet than my four crimsons! How did your vet come across a baby?

What...what is that sound? Oh! The sound of a bird vacuum? Sucking you in ... just a little bit? It sure is preeeettty... :D
Baby was brought into vet's office. People have brought birds there several times; birds they find, birds they no longer want. One of my 'tiels was brought in by his "human" who had purchased him as a friend for a 'tiel she already had but when that 'tiel passed she decided she didn't want to keep the new one. He was only a few months old.

Vacuum....I'm doing some housecleaning so I think that's what you heard. :laugh:

All of you are enablers. :)

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ooops... my bad! My hearing must be muffled by the ear plugs so I don't hear my crimsons. But it did sorta sound like : Vvrrrrrrrrr....vvrrrrrr...LCA...vvrrrrrrr...LCA....vvrrrrrrrr.... LCA....... :marievacuums:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:laugh:

I think my birds would mutiny if I brought another one home and I know my friends would lock me up and throw away the key. Wild LCAs in California:

They really are LOUD.
I had no idea there were wild LCAs in California! How did that happen?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lilac crowns are very much sweet, gentle and not hot at all. Very much as even tempered as the Red Lored.

Very beautiful Amazon, one of my favs along with the Red Lored and the Bodini! Then again, I have a love for all Amazons.:heart: I know if I met that baby I'd be a puddle of mush. :hehe:
Me toooooooooo!

We are at our limit but I have to admit those lilac guys are adorable.