• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Lil Monsters SWS Info & Sneak Peak

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
bongo box AA combo banner.jpg
fall sws 2020a.jpg

Why Shop with me?

Littles are my main focus, but I offer toys for anything from parrotlet to amazon sized birds! My main materials are balsa, sola, mahogany, thin pine, cork, vines, and paper. I like to make cute toys, and toys that offer foraging opportunities! If you choose to shop with me this SWS, thank you :heart: No hard feelings if you don't :hug8:

Processing Times

I am currently operating at about a 14 business day processing time, so please keep that in mind when ordering. Depending on how many orders I get, it may be longer. I work on things as fast as I can but with as I am home alone with two young boys most of the day, my work time is limited!

Stock

I have set the store up to allow back order so you can still checkout unless they are truly out of stock. If you order something that is in "Back Order" status, it usually just means I am trying to ensure I don't run out of items that get shared between a lot of toys. In some cases, Back Order means I may need to purchase more items to fulfill your order, so you may have a bit of delay.

New Items

I have several new items that will be going up before the sale, including Christmas & Winter items! Here is a sneak peek at some of what I will have to offer!

Christmas Preview1.jpg

Last edited:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Ohhhhhhh those are all so pretty!! Your stuff I always want to buy one for myself it's all so cute!! :heart: I did buy an extra Bruce one year because they are so adorable. Alas I did give in and give it to Jenks though in the long run. I horded it for almost a year though first.:rofl:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I keep saying I'll get a Bingo Box one day... hummm.... is it time?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ohhhhhhh those are all so pretty!! Your stuff I always want to buy one for myself it's all so cute!! :heart: I did buy an extra Bruce one year because they are so adorable. Alas I did give in and give it to Jenks though in the long run. I horded it for almost a year though first.:rofl:
Oh yes that reminds me! I did a poll on IG and FB whether I should offer seasonal items all year long, and majority said they want that instead of limited! So next year I will be trialing it out :)

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What's SWS stand for?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ohh, I know some little tiels who will like your winter stuff. :)

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Ooh, I just might have to snag some stuff from ya, Jade just loves her orange dino footprint perch, she receives scritches there daily!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Mizzely, if you find the time (although I understand if your too busy with the SWS and everything) could you post an example of a bongo box? :)

Thanks!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
could you post an example of a bongo box? :)
Remember there are different amounts pople choose, so a 15$ box won´t look like a 50$ box. And then birds have their own preferences.
Try searching ¨bongo¨ on AA, see if there´s some threads posted, I´m sure I have seen a few :)

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Remember there are different amounts pople choose, so a 15$ box won´t look like a 50$ box. And then birds have their own preferences.
Try searching ¨bongo¨ on AA, see if there´s some threads posted, I´m sure I have seen a few :)
I should have done that first...

I found a thread which was perfect for what I was looking for! Thanks for the sugggestion! :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Mizzely, if you find the time (although I understand if your too busy with the SWS and everything) could you post an example of a bongo box? :)

Thanks!
It looks like you found some examples :) I really should start taking some photos of the boxes the are fit to post for people. It's hard because each and every one is different! I don't have like a list of stuff that goes out with a $15 box, as an example.

When a Bongo Box order comes through, I sit down and look at what types of toys your bird(s) like and start there. So if someone says, "my bird really loves Mahogany pods!" I go to my website and go to that page. I then look at restrictions and toy types. So if someone wants to avoid vine, for example, then I know not to select Mahogany toys with vine, or I need to swap it out on a toy I think is a good fit other than the vine. If they only want hanging toys, but no foot toys or seasonal, that further narrows down what I want to give them.

Sometimes instead I think, "this person's bird's preferences gives me an idea for a toy!" And I'll make a brand new toy that may or may not end up on the site later. A lot of new nonseasonal toys started as a Bongo Box toy!

Either way, I now have a starting place and sort of build off of there. I'll play with the budget until every penny is used, and usually it ends up going over by about $0.25 to $2 on average.

I hate doing just one toy if I can help it, and really that only comes up with $15/20 boxes that want Dinosaurs usually. I try to fulfill as many of the categories as possible but if someone wants 10 types of toys and gives me a $20 budget it's not feasible.

Anyways, I hope that helps!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Or just hope that I win the raffle for the gift card and then get a $50 box :D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran