• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lil Monsters Order Arrived!

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
My Lil Monsters order arrived a day earlier than expected, and me and Poppy were very excited to see it. Poppy got a $35 Bongo Box as well as five foot toys I ordered along with it.

20200921_191544.jpg
20200921_191611.jpg
"Hey, what's in this box? I wanna see!"
Here is what we got! The Bongo Box contents are along the top row and the foot toys I ordered are on the bottom right. There was also an extra little foot toy (bottom left) not shown on the invoice and a cute sticker!

20200921_192559.jpg

I think the box was a good value and I'm happy to keep my subscription going. I think mystery boxes are super fun and @Mizzely did a great job picking out toys based on my suggestions. Thanks so much!

Here are some obligatory pictures of Poppy checking out her new things.

20200921_191802.jpg
"What's in there?"

20200921_192023.jpg
20200921_192618.jpg
20200921_192923.jpg
So much fun to get new foot toys.​

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Alright @Mizzely !!! Where do you get the energy, never mind the time with 2 little ones in the house to come up with all these wonderful ideas!!?? :think1:

I work full time and have no kids around anymore, and can’t even think of what toys to make! :faint:

I am getting my new baby on saturday and have no idea what he may play with, never mind what to make for him!!! He is a GCC and did not even know if they played for sure with foot toys! I guess I better get busy in the meantime!

by the way, good catch on him peeking over the box! Totally missed that! :laughing6:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Nice haul. And what a brave little Poppy.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Love the Halloween themed toys, Poppy looks delighted, and ready to make a mess of that wood :lol:.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Alright @Mizzely !!! Where do you get the energy, never mind the time with 2 little ones in the house to come up with all these wonderful ideas!!?? :think1:

I work full time and have no kids around anymore, and can’t even think of what toys to make! :faint:
Haha toy making is my creative escape... I lock myself in my office while hubby deals with the kids for a few hours :D

Congrats on your new baby!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love the first pic where she's like "ooh neat, a cardboard box!" *chomp* :rofl: Sometimes birds are easily pleased hahaha

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love the box!! Such cute toys especially the pumpkin toy! :loveit: Poppy certainly looks happy with everything! :bliss:

If I was in the states I would defo have a bongo subscription box, so easy and fun! My Adelie would love that purple thing with the bells on :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Love the box!! Such cute toys especially the pumpkin toy! :loveit: Poppy certainly looks happy with everything! :bliss:

If I was in the states I would defo have a bongo subscription box, so easy and fun! My Adelie would love that purple thing with the bells on :)
That one is a new one created for 2 bongo boxes this month :D It's not even on the site yet!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
He is a GCC and did not even know if they played for sure with foot toys! I guess I better get busy in the meantime!
Poppy loves foot toys, and just using her feet in general. She especially loves to wrestle these birdie balls and maracas. She gets so fussy at the rattling.

She also likes other plastic toys and easy to shred stuff like balsa, Sola, and pine chippers (cut across the grain rather than with).

One of the first things I bought her was a jar of foot toys from The Best Bird Toys. I've gotten a ton of use out of it and it was a great way to try out a wide variety of materials to find out her favorites. Here's a link: Conure Footies

Good luck with your new baby!

Edit: Just noticed the jar is out of stock, but maybe it'll be back soon!

Attachments

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
@Mizzely

no shame in plugs!! :lol: I love your choices, and especially the auto box. Have been looking on your site for a while, I am getting some toys with him from the breeder’s care package and will see what he tends to play/destroy and go from there. I am assuming no problem being shipped to canada? Do you know if there is any duty at the border, just so I don’t get any ’surprises’ from them. I am going to pick him up on Saturday afternoon and can’t wait. Never had a GCC before so will be a wild ride I’m sure as totally different from tiels, lovies or pletts. Here is a pic of my new boy, hatched early to mid July ( will have his hatch certificate in the care package) but he is well socialized and she has the greatest reviews for her babies. people even have ordered some babies, from Ontario and were so pleased...

Will post more when I have him....i have no idea if he is a red bellied or regular gcc or what! Can’t make up my mind from pics I find online...She had 3 different colours in that clutch....

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Mizzely

no shame in plugs!! :lol: I love your choices, and especially the auto box. Have been looking on your site for a while, I am getting some toys with him from the breeder’s care package and will see what he tends to play/destroy and go from there. I am assuming no problem being shipped to canada? Do you know if there is any duty at the border, just so I don’t get any ’surprises’ from them. I am going to pick him up on Saturday afternoon and can’t wait. Never had a GCC before so will be a wild ride I’m sure as totally different from tiels, lovies or pletts. Here is a pic of my new boy, hatched early to mid July ( will have his hatch certificate in the care package) but he is well socialized and she has the greatest reviews for her babies. people even have ordered some babies, from Ontario and were so pleased...

Will post more when I have him....
So if it's under $20 value, no. However, over the $20 amount sometimes people get charged and sometimes they don't. I think it's 5% of the declared value? Sadly I can't lie on customs forms to make the value less than it is :(

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for the info!

And I may be weird to some, but I would not likely deal with a business of any kind if I knew there was dishonesty involved, for the sake of a few dollars. I realize most big businesses do though, and I know that for a smaller business it may be common practice as costs are much higher. As much as the duty irks me at times, I was raised to believe that honesty is the best policy no matter what. So I really appreciate your comment on this. :)