• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Like feature

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
We have quite a few posts where members (myself included) post when their beloved companions pass away. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve always felt uncomfortable hitting like on these posts. I think the like feature is meant to be an acknowledgment. But it’s hard for me to use like when someone is grief stricken, broken hearted and in pain. When I’ve posted about this difficult time I didn’t have a problem receiving likes at
all. However, for myself it feels inappropriate to like a post where your pet has passed.

Like has worked here for a long time. Maybe I’m way off base on this but I would love to be able to use a couple of emotion symbols added to the like feature such as possibly a sad tear face :(, :heart: for loved posts, :rofl: for funny posts, :wideyed: surprised.

and we have these symbols to use in our responses and that may be enough. I’ve always been the “sensitive” one and I’m just putting this out here and am curious about what other people think.

thanks for reading :grouphug2:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
We have quite a few posts where members (myself included) post when their beloved companions pass away. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve always felt uncomfortable hitting like on these posts. I think the like feature is meant to be an acknowledgment. But it’s hard for me to use like when someone is grief stricken, broken hearted and in pain. When I’ve posted about this difficult time I didn’t have a problem receiving likes at
all. However, for myself it feels inappropriate to like a post where your pet has passed.

Like has worked here for a long time. Maybe I’m way off base on this but I would love to be able to use a couple of emotion symbols added to the like feature such as possibly a sad tear face :(, :heart: for loved posts, :rofl: for funny posts, :wideyed: surprised.

and we have these symbols to use in our responses and that may be enough. I’ve always been the “sensitive” one and I’m just putting this out here and am curious about what other people think.

thanks for reading :grouphug2:
This feature will be in the new forum upgrade!
B4055898-DFD0-4035-AF3E-0FD354881237.jpeg

Last edited: