• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lights for our feathered friends during winter months

Snitchet

Meeting neighbors
Looking for information do our birds require speciality lighting? If so would you mind running hough what I need for my friends, they live in the lounge with me I don't have a special room for them. Any info gladly received thanks

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If they're getting vitamin D3 in their pellets then there's no need to add any UV. However, if they're in a dark spot you can brighten up their lives with a cheap desk lamp with a 'daylight' led bulb. One per cage.
I was suckered into buying some rather expensive lighting for my babies. I use them but they have normal (cheaper) lamps in them now. These forums opened my eyes regards D3.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
Sam has plenty of sunlight where her cage is placed. The morning sun hits there from about 7 to 9am and she spends time on top of her cage every morning. However in the winter months I have a daylight LED light in the light over my dining table. Attached over that light is a perch and some bells for Sam. She spends time up there every morning in the winter. Funny in the summer she does not go there.

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I have a light for them but I'm not sure what it's called..