• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life's playing tricks at me...

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Such a heart warming thread!❤
I know Twitter can´t be replaced but having his brother must bring some comfort or closeness. I know I would be sobbing like a baby just holding him!
Is this a sibling from the same clutch?
Pichu is just beautiful!
I loved Twitter, just met Pichu so we'll have to learn to know eachother but I'm sure we'll end up having a great relationship too!! He is a younger brother, from the clutch after Twitter, just a few months apart!

You can create your own and add it in your settings, or request that a member kindly make you one by posting a thread here;
Signature Street | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
You will then need to upload the image in your settings :)
Thanks! I already have a signature then, but it is only on my profile page? I don't see anyone having a signature on their posts either.

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
If you want to know what I REALLY think... I believe Twitter sent him to me so I can take good care of his little brother now that he is in need of a new, loving home, and he can take care of me in Twitter's place ;) :heart:
I was thinking this exact thing!

I know you were only looking for 1 p'let, but how did you resist bringing them both home?

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I know you were only looking for 1 p'let, but how did you resist bringing them both home?
Of course, the thought of taking her with us has crossed my mind, my son wanted her, but I resisted because they didn't really care for each other, so they shouldn't miss their sibling the way they would have missed a friend or mate. They are just over one year old, could have remained good friends, but as they grew older they could also have started fighting and I don't have time nor room to keep them separated since I have to expect to keep the budgies and Pichu on separate out-of-the-cage time, so this could have been more than I can chew. Better with only one of them that I can spend some time with, than two I would have to keep in cage most of the time to let the others out.. It is already rather frustrating to keep Pichu in quarantaine out of the living-room, the only large and light room we have, but budgie-territory!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Quarantine is over tomorrow evening, so we cheated a little tonight, I sent the budgies back into their cage, just in case, pulled the curtains down in case he felt for flying away through the windows, opened the doors and took Pichu with me to the living room.
I was thinking that he would jump on the play stand, or the budgies' cage first, like Twitter would have done. Not at all. He flew straight back to the kitchen and on his cage!!! Seems that as much as Twitter was a conqueror and king of mischief:rpg6: Pichu is an explorer who's rather be safe than sorry :D

Took him back and walked sloooooowwly to the middle of the living room, he sought asile on a plant. Picked him up, we said hello to the budgies from afar and went back to the safe kitchen. Played in a cupboard to debrief, then after 10 minutes we went back with some good-night lettuce for the guinea pigs and the budgies.
Pichu was carefully hanging on my arm and I walked very slowly to everyone, he bowed to study the budgies, probably keeping his butt at a safe distance. They were hiding at the back of their cage anyway, Nova came closer to have a better look but not quite to the front (really hope she won't repeat the love-hate story she had with Twitter!!).
They saw each other but don't feel the need for a hug and a birdie club just yet. We sat and cuddled on the couch for 2 minutes then went back to the kitchen and the cupboards before we said good night.
This is going to be fun!! :bounce8:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
It is still early days. It is hard to predict what the relationships will be like, so I caution Don't get ahead of yourself, don't get ahead of yourself.

I hope Pichu is less sassy toward the budgies than Twitter was, but parrotlets are who they are. I would keep your guard up. :rpg3::rpg3: There is a ninja in your presence ;)

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I hope Pichu is less sassy toward the budgies than Twitter was, but parrotlets are who they are. I would keep your guard up. :rpg3::rpg3: There is a ninja in your presence ;)
That I know... He is more careful, but he has the same strong beak! The relationships will be what they'll be, I am prepared to keep them separated, but boy am I glad that he will be able to use this room too. I really didn't like to keep him locked up when I couldn't be with him in the kitchen... I'm looking forward to see him exploring the living room as thoroughly as his did every cupboard and drawer in the kitchen! :D And being careful as he is, I love how he clings onto me for safety as we explore ;) :xflove:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Yayy so exciting! I love how he clings to mom in the new environment :heart:
Can’t wait to hear what happens this evening, after you and he debrief of course :dance5:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yayy so exciting! I love how he clings to mom in the new environment :heart:
Can’t wait to hear what happens this evening, after you and he debrief of course :dance5:
Hehe! Today he sat with me at dinner and had so egg and bread of his own, but had NO interest in the budgies. Nova flew a round over the table, he said krkrkrkrkrkr (= this is MY food) in warning... Merlin didn't even try it.
Pichu stayed on my shoulder several times as we ventured into the living room but he didn't try to approach the budgies nor the play stand. The big palm plant is still the safest landing place after my head, and as soon as he sees the opening to the kitchen he flies back. So no hurry there!

We started on clicker training today, and finding a seed under a piece of paper yesterday. There's enough happening on a daily basis!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
It sounds like you have enough going on for sure!
Good luck with everything! Your house sounds just like mine , a zoo...but in a goog way ya know?!? Lol I can totally picture you at the table, Pichu eating eggs, Nova flying overhead and the krkrkrkr :rpg3:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So these last 5 days we've been numerous times in the living room and seen the budgies from afar. Nova would really like to get to be friends, but Pichu is absolutely not willing. He refuses to use their play stand and he stays firmly on my hand/shoulder saying krkrkrkrkr!!! when they fly around.
I guess it is as well, I don't have to separate them, but then Pichu won't have birds friends. It was actually the reason why the breeder wanted to sell him and his sister: they had no interest whatsoever in other birds, only wanted to be with people so there was no point in having them rehomed in her voliere...
He is fully tame now and he is becoming a light version of a velcro bird. We have started on clicker training and it looks like this is going enrich our relationship. All's good!! :pletgm:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Still no contact between those 3, but now it seems Merlin's got enough of seeing Pichu in HIS living room getting cuddles and scratches while he doesn't get anything. So today Merlin was the one flying over us and close to the kitchen door when we were in there and calling... I took pity on him and went to get a piece of millet. As soon as he saw that he flew down to their cage's door, standing at attention to finally get some (attention). Nova came carefully after and they wolfed the whole thing down in no time. Now they are happily resting on the top of their play stand, pretending they don't know anything about a bed time.
20190813_195916.jpg

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hmm.. Pichu still refuses to have anything to do with the budgies, but also he avoids the living room as much as he can, which means he spends his days in the kitchen and when he gets out of his cage he asks to go in the cabinets... Which is fine, except that I don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen, and that he eats bags in the cabinets. He likes to make holes in the hard edge of the bags, in the end he manages to chew small pieces away and eats them, which is not good.

What should I do? Keep him in the kitchen and reduce his beloved cabinets time, or move him in the living room so that he'd be more with us? He would probably still have to sleep in the kitchen, which is quieter in the evenings.