• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The good thing is that all of this ends tomorrow. I have demanded a transfer to another hospital that knows how to treat Transverse Myelitis...IMMEDIATELY...

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I always say that Erie has a "big city" attitude...with small town minds!
Whenever I mention that to an Erie native, (and say I'm putting it in my book) they laugh nervously...and run away.
It takes real heroism to RUN away from a parapalegic! :rnfrt:
We live in a small town [sign says 400x... more like 125x]... The outdoors is beautiful, green, rolling hills... BUT can't/ don't even want to talk about the mentality in this part of the world...
teeth are optional! :sneaky:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The good thing is that all of this ends tomorrow. I have demanded a transfer to another hospital that knows how to treat Transverse Myelitis...IMMEDIATELY...
Is Milton a certified emotional support animal?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Omg...people who don't know parrots are really wierd about believing what they can do. My Joe didn't really believe it until he met my friends cockatoo who introduced himself! Ha! He was shocked speechless. He said he couldn't be rude and say nothing, so he said the same thing to the bird as he would another person who introduced himself. Lol! He's a believer now. Ha!
Son Justin brought home his new GF for a weekend. Michele isn't a bird person but she's a critter person and has a mix of adopted cats & dogs. She was tickled pink when she first heard the Quakers talking and loved that she could chat with them. The gccs awed her by going over to her and landing on her head and shoulders and hanging around begging for whatever food or drink she had. Tikki the sun impressed w/his colours until he screamed. And the cockatiels were, well, the tiels - cute & quiet and stand-offish. She even took a selfie of the gccs on her to send to her sister who is petrified of birds.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I can't believe that ESA ( emotional support animal) is not allowed in hospital for short visit. WOW¿¿¡¡¿¿ My friend Nicky just had kidney transplant in local hospital and they allowed little Eddie in to see him. Nick has little Eddie listed as ESA. It did Nicky a world's worth of good to have that visit with his buddy. Time to get the h e double hockey sticks out of Pennsylvania.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I can't believe that ESA ( emotional support animal) is not allowed in hospital for short visit. WOW¿¿¡¡¿¿ My friend Nicky just had kidney transplant in local hospital and they allowed little Eddie in to see him. Nick has little Eddie listed as ESA. It did Nicky a world's worth of good to have that visit with his buddy. Time to get the h e double hockey sticks out of Pennsylvania.
...that's EXACTLY what Milton and I are planning to do!
Q-- you didn't get her in NV did you?
No.
I bought Cassie from people who lived in Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania.
She had been exiled to the basement...and was bald from the chest down...truth...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
ESAs have no legal standing in PA. ( I checked into it)
When I asked if I could go outside to the sidewalk of the hospital and visit Milton, the person said "no"... I couldn't leave the floor.
Then she quickly added, " You're not a prisoner here"... to which I replied, "No, I'm a PATIENT!"
That's St.Vincent Hospital...in Erie PA, Roadies...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...the next day, ( to cover their behinds) they informed me that someone would take me to the sidewalk so my brother could bring IT by...("it" being Milton, of course!)
I wonder what they would say if a patient had a visitor (a human) ?
Would they say the patient could go out to the sidewalk and see that human?
A legitimate question...deserving of a legitimate answer.
I tried getting the answer out if St.Vincent...with no success.
( U realize this is getting way off track...and becoming controversial....but it is a legitimate concern if people who have avians in their life...and the mental well being of those creatures!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
...the next day, ( to cover their behinds) they informed me that someone would take me to the sidewalk so my brother could bring IT by...("it" being Milton, of course!)
I wonder what they would say if a patient had a visitor (a human) ?
Would they say the patient could go out to the sidewalk and see that human?
A legitimate question...deserving of a legitimate answer.
I tried getting the answer out if St.Vincent...with no success.
( U realize this is getting way off track...and becoming controversial....but it is a legitimate concern if people who have avians in their life...and the mental well being of those creatures!
That's some, um, chutzpah combined with male accoutrements made of brass. ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That's some, um, chutzpah combined with male accoutrements made of brass. ;)
...agreed!
They keep forgetting that they're messing with Bob the Goalie!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...they're also getting into a verbal engagement with me....a "war of words"
I have one piece of advice to the world...Don't get into a war of words with a writer...because YOU WILL LOSE!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
...they're also getting into a verbal engagement with me....a "war of words"
I have one piece of advice to the world...Don't get into a war of words with a writer...because YOU WILL LOSE!
And the written word is more powerful, unforgettable and leaves a trail that may lead to some people not only eating, swallowing and gagging on what will come back to bite them. And I don't mean you, Bob.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
And the written word is more powerful, unforgettable and leaves a trail that may lead to some people not only eating, swallowing and gagging on what will come back to bite them. And I don't mean you, Bob.
I am a truth-teller...even when the truth hurts me.
Proof of that will be forthcoming in the book.
I've already been mistreated...just because I advocate for myself...and others in a similar situation.
I've been warned about being a "boat-rocker"... and " burning all my bridges" here in Erie.
I've also been falsely put under "suicide watch"... twice...once by a local hospital...and by a nursing home.
THAT IS A FACT.
I am not afraid of them...and I WILL be leaving the Erie area soon...FOR MY OWN PROTECTION.
Local authorities have been appraised of the threats that I've been receiving... and are on alert until I can leave safely.
This is no joke here...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...Milton is an Umbrella 'Too...and small for being a big, bad boy 'too...545g...