• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
WAIT! I think I spot a dry feather!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Awww he a pretty pretty bird! :xflove: :heart: :xflove:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Today.I was eating some M&Ms...and Milton noticed...

Milton: ( angrily) "YOU A BAD BIRD!"

I continued on eating my M&Ms...I don't know if he wanted the M&Ms...or wanted out of the cage... ;)
Seems to me I read a post a while ago when you were eating peanut m&ms. Milton said BAD FOR YOU. And Kathy said MILTON'S RIGHT, THEY'RE BAD FOR YOU. :excited1:I think he might say that whenever he sees m&ms haha! You should teach him to say I A VERY VERY SMART BIRD :roflmao:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Seems to me I read a post a while ago when you were eating peanut m&ms. Milton said BAD FOR YOU. And Kathy said MILTON'S RIGHT, THEY'RE BAD FOR YOU. :excited1:I think he might say that whenever he sees m&ms haha! You should teach him to say I A VERY VERY SMART BIRD :roflmao:
Yes, you're right! Milton did comment about my love of peanut M&Ms a while back.
These two posts are going to be mentioned in "PROJECT MILTON"... much to my consternation...and HIS delight... ;)

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I can't believe I have missed all the wonderful Milty pictures!!! :heart: :heart2: :xflove: He is so handsome!!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Today is a day that tries my soul...Milton is in one of "those" moods! It's not hormonal...he's happy...and just doesn't know what to do with himself.
He wants out, but fidgets ..he comes over to me,wants no scritches - a thing he always demands. He just runs around the bed,happily vocalizing.
When he's in his cage, he ignores everything...he's already eaten..and he pulled his water bowl out to the floor.
He's just in a "crazy cockatoo mood"... so I'm just letting get it all out.
It's good my caregiver is coming in later today...even I am steering clear of him today! ;)

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Today is a day that tries my soul...Milton is in one of "those" moods! It's not hormonal...he's happy...and just doesn't know what to do with himself.
He wants out, but fidgets ..he comes over to me,wants no scritches - a thing he always demands. He just runs around the bed,happily vocalizing.
When he's in his cage, he ignores everything...he's already eaten..and he pulled his water bowl out to the floor.
It's good my caregiver is coming in later today...even I am steering clear of him today! ;)
Hopefully he tires himself out! Crazy Too! :xflove:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hopefully he tires himself out! Crazy Too! :xflove:
He took his aggression out on the phone book- thankfully. Now he's got his wing under one of hanging toys...all the time giving me "THE LOOK"... :rnfrt:

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
:bvryafd::scared5: Well at least it was the phone book and not you. Hopefully that LOOK doesn't turn into more. :cautious: Do you have any more phone books laying around.:wacky:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He took his aggression out on the phone book- thankfully. Now he's got his wing under one of hanging toys...all the time giving me "THE LOOK"... :rnfrt:
It must be because of spring or something. Elvis was a maniac day before yesterday (more so than usual. LOL). To the point, that I was getting a little nervous with him being out. And he rarely makes me nervous. We survived without incident but those 'toos can be crazy. ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It must be because of spring or something. Elvis was a maniac day before yesterday (more so than usual. LOL). To the point, that I was getting a little nervous with him being out. And he rarely makes me nervous. We survived without incident but those 'toos can be crazy. ;)
Milty has calmed down now...he's preening quietly...and a little later I'll have him over for some quality time together... :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Yes, you're right! Milton did comment about my love of peanut M&Ms a while back.
These two posts are going to be mentioned in "PROJECT MILTON"... much to my consternation...and HIS delight... ;)
The scarey thing is...just like a kid, he can recognize the m&m bags! Can he read too?! You gotta wonder!! :hehe:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Wow! They do that sometimes! Fred came out of his cage the other day, climbed to the top, only to take off in flight! He's too much! Haha!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Yesterday was not a good day, in a physical sense. I was having a lot of discomfort in my legs...a result from the transverse myelitis that I have. TM is classified as a "Rare Disease". I'd encourage you to look it up when you get a chance.,.you'll find it fascinating.
Anyway, yesterday was just a " bad day"...Milty did note this, of course. He acted up in the morning, but then became quiet as the day went on.
He came over to me, and rather than demand preening, he sat on my chest and started to nap.
It was almost as he was comforting me in my time of need.
Milt has done this many times in the past. It has been said that Cockatoos are expert at "bonding" with humans...and Milty is no exception to that rule...in fact,I believe that he is exceptional in that way..Well,Milt is eating breakfast,and I should be doing that, too....later... :)

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yesterday was not a good day, in a physical sense. I was having a lot of discomfort in my legs...a result from the transverse myelitis that I have. TM is classified as a "Rare Disease". I'd encourage you to look it up when you get a chance.,.you'll find it fascinating.
Anyway, yesterday was just a " bad day"...Milty did note this, of course. He acted up in the morning, but then became quiet as the day went on.
He came over to me, and rather than demand preening, he sat on my chest and started to nap.
It was almost as he was comforting me in my time of need.
Milt has done this many times in the past. It has been said that Cockatoos are expert at "bonding" with humans...and Milty is no exception to that rule...in fact,I believe that he is exceptional in that way..Well,Milt is eating breakfast,and I should be doing that, too....later... :)
Sorry to hear that you have TM, Bob... Take care of yourself.