• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Not sure if Elvis was saying "up" the last time you saw him or not, but he says "up" too. But in our case it's from me repeatedly saying "step up" to him and him ignoring me.:rolleyes:
...sounds like Elvis to me.... ;)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Milton has been learning a new concept lately. Since his cage is 4 feet away from my bed,he thinks it's necessary for him to be with Dad 24/7
So,I began saying "UP",in a stern voice...repeating it until Milty went back up to his cage...which,as a feathered toddler,is a hard concept to grasp.
On the way up,he began saying "UP",until he accomplished his mission. Now, this this is the norm when he needs to go up to the top of his cage.

I am so proud of him...
Well he's understanding the concept and what is wanted of him and repeating it to himself probably makes him happy as he completes his task and it let's dad know he's doing as asked nicely :xflove:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I get such a kick out of Milton! What a cutie! UP UP UP UP....too cute :xflove:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton has been going through "silly season" lately..what a joyous time! ;)
I'll fill you in about it a little later..

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Like I said,Milton is in silly season...hormones are running freely. He's always friendly with me,but now it's a new ballgame.
Milty insists on getting underneath the comforter...to inhabit "the nest". So he's discouraged from doing that, and redirected to other activities- with some success.
It's when he goes back to his cage Milt gets his "groove" on, so to speak. The object of his affections is a hanging toy of circular soft wooden circles
I find this activity of no concern...hey,boys will be boys! It's interesting that he's found something that satisfies his natural instincts.

I'm so glad it wasn't part of ME that made him happy... :yes3:

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Like I said,Milton is in silly season...hormones are running freely. He's always friendly with me,but now it's a new ballgame.
Milty insists on getting underneath the comforter...to inhabit "the nest". So he's discouraged from doing that, and redirected to other activities- with some success.
It's when he goes back to his cage Milt gets his "groove" on, so to speak. The object of his affections is a hanging toy of circular soft wooden circles
I find this activity of no concern...hey,boys will be boys! It's interesting that he's found something that satisfies his natural instincts.

I'm so glad it wasn't part of ME that made him happy... :yes3:
Oh, those hormonal boys! :hybaby:
Galahad the budgie has recently *ahem* “become enamored of” a snuggle tent that he gets for the winter... E816B906-8D31-4AEE-A2DA-A92F0CE95BE0.jpeg

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Dobby loves his perch, we hear the mistakable happy boy noises and usually a happy whistle and ask him if he's done or needs a cigarette...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Dobby loves his perch, we hear the mistakable happy boy noises and usually a happy whistle and ask him if he's done or needs a cigarette...
Sunshine loves the edge of his food bowls...literally. We all ask him if he's done after he is...then he goes right back at it...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
When my husband Steve walks by our Umbrellas cage too many times without stopping... she yells out: 'H E L L OOOOO'.... :rofl:
Milton's thing in the morning,when he wants to be uncovered is to softly say "hello" and "hi", over and over... :heart:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Milton's thing in the morning,when he wants to be uncovered is to softly say "hello" and "hi", over and over... :heart:
Omg that's hilarious
When my husband Steve walks by our Umbrellas cage too many times without stopping... she yells out: 'H E L L OOOOO'.... :rofl:
Omg that's hilarious!! :knockknock: :hehe:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Awww, just look at that cute face. :heart: His eyes look so full of mischief!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just a little something to pass along...Milton has learned a naughty word ! :embarassed: I'm just surprised that it's taken 10 years for him to say something like that.
I'll spare you all the gory details,but I was the only one to hear just what he said...Kathy didn't even hear it.

And Milty hasn't said it since...thank goodness!