• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Milton you are just too cute.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Wow Bob, I have been MIA busy with life in general and work! I missed a lot! Happy birthday!! And love all the new pics! :xflove:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We decided to sleep in this morning...even Milton. But we slept longer than Milty wanted,evidently. So this happened... about 7:30 AM...

Milton: " hi....hi...hi.. I a pretty,pretty bird..."

Me:Yes,you are a pretty bird...we'll get up soon...

a fee minutes layer...

Milton: "UP NOW!"

Me: OK, we're getting up now...(I'm such a brilliant conversationalist in the morning,aren't I?)

We weren't fast enough for Milton,though...clothespins that were holding the sheets on the cage went flying everywhere, exposing half the cage.

Right, Master....

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
We decided to sleep in this morning...even Milton. But we slept longer than Milty wanted,evidently. So this happened... about 7:30 AM...

a fee minutes layer...

Me: OK, we're getting up now...(I'm such a brilliant conversationalist in the morning,aren't I?)

We weren't fast enough for Milton,though...clothespins that were holding the sheets on the cage went flying everywhere, exposing half the cage.

Right, Master....
My budgies do this to me, except they're not quite as commanding and they don't use actual words. But, if I dare to sleep a little longer than usual, they start chirping and yelling as loud as they can until I wake up and uncover their cage. Then they quiet down again. :laugh:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I remember the 1st morning after we brought Abby home--- we are early risers and I don't think Abby was previously-- Steve looked into the cage at her w/ her beak buried in her feathers and asked: 'are you awake'? Abby barely opened her eyes, still keeping her beak buried, and replied softly: 'uh huh'... She fell into our hearts... :swoon:

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Who could resist Milton?
Lol, if I’m running behind getting up to start the day, BellaBella starts periodically calling out, “Peek-a-boo! Peek-a-boo! Greet, greet!”.
During the day, if she’s in her cage and I step away, peek-a-boo is a favorite contact call...she gives her prompt, and I pop my head back in the room to make eye contact and answer, “peek-a-boo, I see you!”
The “greet!” part comes from when I’m up before my girl and come into the library where she sleeps. I don’t want to startle her, so open the window blinds and raise them saying, “rise and shine, BellaBelle, time to greet the day!”, before removing the cage cover.

If I’m particularly sluggish, I can call back to ask for “just a few more minutes, birdie-girl”...BellaBelle is gracious about allowing the lie in :swoon:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

a fee minutes layer...

Right, Master....
:lol:He might have learned that from Elvis. ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Overheard when the daily preenfest was going on today...

Milton: (whispering over and over) "You a pretty bird"...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton's cage is over 25 years old...although it is a solid cage,it's starting to show its age...so it's time to look into some new digs for Milty... ;)