• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
So glad everybody is good there! Been wondering. We've been doing the same old thing. Work, keeping birdies entertained, cleaning while keeping birdies entertained, eat while getting birdies to eat....never bored that's for sure! :p

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow I was surprised to see such a good picture of him! I couldn't believe it!! Given his history with cameras, that is. :hehe:
If you're not used to the U2, they are amazing how charming they are.
I have had pretty good luck taking pics of him with my phone. I think the difference is it's me, sneaking them while Bob is distracting him. Milton usually doesn't realize I'm even doing it. Very different than if Bob does it, with Milton being focused on Bob.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have had pretty good luck taking pics of him with my phone. I think the difference is it's me, sneaking them while Bob is distracting him. Milton usually doesn't realize I'm even doing it. Very different than if Bob does it, with Milton being focused on Bob.
Great point. There are a lot of pics of Milton floating around...all taken from a safe distance. ;)
I feel good about desensitizing Milty to devices,because I do want you to enjoy him as much as possible.

It's also more reason to resume our pet visits...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...also another reason that I want as many of you Roadies to actually MEET Milty...you gotta SEE him to believe him....

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Great point. There are a lot of pics of Milton floating around...all taken from a safe distance. ;)
I feel good about desensitizing Milty to devices,because I do want you to enjoy him as much as possible.

It's also more reason to resume our pet visits...;)
Hopefully, visits sometime again soon. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Monday with Milton...
Today,he was under my sweatshirt,exchanging pleasantries with me,about 3 inches away from my face.
We were listening to music when Elton John's "Rocket Man" began...and is MY wont,I began softly singing along. When I came to the line "It's going to be a long , long time", Milton said "YES,A LONG, LONG TIME".

I don't know what to think of that...yet...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Monday with Milton...
Today,he was under my sweatshirt,exchanging pleasantries with me,about 3 inches away from my face.
We were listening to music when Elton John's "Rocket Man" began...and is MY wont,I began softly singing along. When I came to the line "It's going to be a long , long time", Milton said "YES,A LONG, LONG TIME".

I don't know what to think of that...yet...
He's such a clever bird. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton has been learning a new concept lately. Since his cage is 4 feet away from my bed,he thinks it's necessary for him to be with Dad 24/7
So,I began saying "UP",in a stern voice...repeating it until Milty went back up to his cage...which,as a feathered toddler,is a hard concept to grasp.
On the way up,he began saying "UP",until he accomplished his mission. Now, this this is the norm when he needs to go up to the top of his cage.

I am so proud of him...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton has been learning a new concept lately. Since his cage is 4 feet away from my bed,he thinks it's necessary for him to be with Dad 24/7
So,I began saying "UP",in a stern voice...repeating it until Milty went back up to his cage...which,as a feathered toddler,is a hard concept to grasp.
On the way up,he began saying "UP",until he accomplished his mission. Now, this this is the norm when he needs to go up to the top of his cage.

I am so proud of him...
Not sure if Elvis was saying "up" the last time you saw him or not, but he says "up" too. But in our case it's from me repeatedly saying "step up" to him and him ignoring me.:rolleyes: