• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life With Milton...

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
We are definitely back...and here to stay!
Milton has some presents to give you guys for Christmas...we've been saving them for you.

Stand by on Christmas morning... :greet8:
Ha! Well watch your mailbox because we ain't done either! :santadance: :gal2: that's so kind Bob!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Welcome back, Bob :bighug: So happy to hear you and your family - Kathy and the feathered ones, and especially Milton - are home again :heart2:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Christmas presents from Milton...

Early after I got home...

Me: I'm back...

Milton: I GOT YOU BACK... HI DAD...I LOVE YOU DAD...

Later....

Milton: COVER UP...

Me: You want to cover up?

Milton: YOU BET...

A couple weeks later...

Me: We're going to have doughnuts soon...

Milton: I KNOW DAT...I LIKE DAT...

A little later...

Milton is jumping up and down at the door of his cage...

Me: You can't come out now....

Milton: I KNOW DAT...

Me:So you can come out...

Milton: (interrupting) LATER...

:christmastree:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, he sounds so sweet today! He loves you so much! :heart: Merry Christmas to you, Kathy Milton, et al!:greet4:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
A Boxing Day Milton Story....

Milton was out while I was doing the daily crossword puzzle. I noticed, from the corner of my eye, Milton scooting down the cage. Now,because of past experiences, I knew he wanted my pen...so I quickly hid it under the newspaper.
Milty came off the cage, and with typical Milty deftness, snuck sideways, very softly up the comforter.
He ended up popping up about an inch away from my right eye...softly clicking. He then coyly walked around the paper..looking for that darn pen...all the time softly saying "hello"...over and over.
He then went back to the comforter,peeking underneath it, and saying "I LOVE IT"...again and again.
Finally I put him back on his cage...and said, "You're not going to get the pen,Bird.
To which Milty replied, "I KNOW DAT".

This is a sample of how I'm writing my book...remember samples at the store? So, a sample...to whet your appetite ..hey,I do want to sell that "monster"...as I call the book... ;)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Silly Milton. I am afraid to say it, but he is probably smarter than us all. Or at least most of us.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It's nice to hear that Milton is so happy to have you back and is expressing that clearly to you. I bet it will take a while for him to go back to normal Milty mode and getting to know Kathy better is probably a great thing for everyone but his chosen one is home :xflove:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It's nice to hear that Milton is so happy to have you back and is expressing that clearly to you. I bet it will take a while for him to go back to normal Milty mode and getting to know Kathy better is probably a great thing for everyone but his chosen one is home :xflove:
Milton's relationship with Kathy is ever evolving. When I was gone, he naturally fell into a depression...eventually he began reaching out to Kathy. I was pleased to hear about this. Milty was adapting to life without me.
Milton and Kathy built their relationship,and I was concerned what would happen when I returned home. Milty is a complicated creature (like us all) so I didn't know what to expect.
Milton is right back to his old self...even better,in my opinion. I need him to be more "clingy" to me, and he is. That's not usually something that''s good with toos, but I need that now.
Kathy's relationship is ever evolving...she is playmate now,which is a challenge for both of them. They're working on it well. Flock dynamics are. CHALLENGING, to be sure...0

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Milton's relationship with Kathy is ever evolving. When I was gone, he naturally fell into a depression...eventually he began reaching out to Kathy. I was pleased to hear about this. Milty was adapting to life without me.
Milton and Kathy built their relationship,and I was concerned what would happen when I returned home. Milty is a complicated creature (like us all) so I didn't know what to expect.
Milton is right back to his old self...even better,in my opinion. I need him to be more "clingy" to me, and he is. That's not usually something that''s good with toos, but I need that now.
Kathy's relationship is ever evolving...she is playmate now,which is a challenge for both of them. They're working on it well. Flock dynamics are. CHALLENGING, to be sure...0
Its funny how they all put us in a role in their lives. I am definitely "mom" in Fred's eyes. I'm the cuddles kisses love giving person. I am also the one he runs to if he's afraid and needs comfort, just like a toddler he actually RUNS to me, and just like a toddler I pick him up, kiss the top of his head, and show him why he's ok! Joe, my fiancee and Sam, my son, are playmates but he has different playing styles with each of them. Fred is a riot with Sam, he plays tug-of-war with a piece of sisal rope and will throw it at my son when he walks by :hehe: Sam would love to be the cuddles person but I keep explaining to Sam he wasn't chosen for that. Interesting creatures.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Its funny how they all put us in a role in their lives. I am definitely "mom" in Fred's eyes. I'm the cuddles kisses love giving person. I am also the one he runs to if he's afraid and needs comfort, just like a toddler he actually RUNS to me, and just like a toddler I pick him up, kiss the top of his head, and show him why he's ok! Joe, my fiancee and Sam, my son, are playmates but he has different playing styles with each of them. Fred is a riot with Sam, he plays tug-of-war with a piece of sisal rope and will throw it at my son when he walks by :hehe: Sam would love to be the cuddles person but I keep explaining to Sam he wasn't chosen for that. Interesting creatures.
Well Said!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd would love to wrestle with me, get his head tussled, get flipped upside down etc. With my sister he had a special relationship where he knew her days off and would wait impatiently beside her as she ate breakfast. She was required to share, then commence the scratches as long as he chose to let her. He would get very put out if she took too long eating and his scritches were late.
Lurch chose me and chased me all over the house but also would land on her to supervise food prep and either of us could give scritches though I was preferred. Dobby has chosen sister and he plops on her whenever she is moving if he notices. He will finger wrestle with her and demand long fluffy scritches on her knee on the couch.
I am protection and walnut provider. He will step up for anyone who asks nicely and refuses to bite but has given ferocious beakings and a very hard pinch to my thumbnail once. Momazon has verified he certainly will and can bite but usually not as I think he's quite happy here and doesn't want to hurt us.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Nerd would love to wrestle with me, get his head tussled, get flipped upside down etc. With my sister he had a special relationship where he knew her days off and would wait impatiently beside her as she ate breakfast. She was required to share, then commence the scratches as long as he chose to let her. He would get very put out if she took too long eating and his scritches were late.
Lurch chose me and chased me all over the house but also would land on her to supervise food prep and either of us could give scritches though I was preferred. Dobby has chosen sister and he plops on her whenever she is moving if he notices. He will finger wrestle with her and demand long fluffy scritches on her knee on the couch.
I am protection and walnut provider. He will step up for anyone who asks nicely and refuses to bite but has given ferocious beakings and a very hard pinch to my thumbnail once. Momazon has verified he certainly will and can bite but usually not as I think he's quite happy here and doesn't want to hurt us.
I tell people, as long as we stay in our spot in the pecking order we won't get a hiss or a nip! :) sometimes I try to play with Fred and he will give me the dead stare. That's not your job, mommy! Lol!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton today ( when I needed him a lot)

Milty was out for his usual morning "attention", but I had to shorten the time because of a few unrelated things. So I let him out later today....

Milton: "HI DAD (leaning out from cage)...REMEMBER ME?"

Me: Yes,I remember you,Bird...

Milton"WANT OVER"...

Me: OK...
I brought him over...

Milton: "I LIKE IT...I LOVE YOU DAD...

:)