• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life is a zoo

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Quite a few changes since I last posted several years ago. Some loses and some new additions.

The pups: Prancer a rescue Pitbull mix. I dunno she basically acts like a 60lb chihuahua. She's around 8 with severe anxiety. She has had several homes. She drives me insane most of the time, but she is firmly attached to my husband lol, so she has a permanent spot here.

There there's 3 yr old Clover. Mostly Great Pyrenees with a tinge of Anatolian Shepherd. She loves barking at EVERYTHING!

dogs.jpg

The cat crew has had a lot of changes.

Finn is my constant shadow.
finn.jpg

Whisper is a feral cat we took in. She had 3 blind kittens. All the kittens found wonderful homes. I think her eyesight may be starting to fade but she is such a fun cat.

whisper.jpg

Oscar is 1 yr old and oh boy he's nuts. Amazing personality! His poofy lips make his face so expressive lol

oscar.jpg

The chicken crew waiting for scraps. We have 3-4 more coming in the next month or 2.

chickens.jpg

Last but not least there is Grogu the crested gecko.

IMG_2397.JPG

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You've got the cutest Zoo around! Clover just looks so soft and huggable ! I love Oscar's puffy lips he looks like such a sweetie.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Such a cute group! :swoon:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Is the Quaker named Ribbit?

I like the glamor shot of the gecko. They’re beautiful. I just hate the smell of crickets.

I think a blind cat would make a great pet when you’ve got birds. Do you think that is true?

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
The Quaker is named Jasper. Crested geckos actually don't eat a ton of crickets. Really just for treats. He eats a fruit mixture that comes in a power form. It smells really good.

I don't think the lack of sight would slow Whisper down at all. She was feral and although she's gotten pretty lazy she's not trusted around uncaged birds. Both her and Oscar are locked up when birds are out. They don't really mind. I don't trust the birds either :lol: They have zero fear.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Are the two white chickens Brahmas?

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
The 2 white are Brahmas. The golden is an Orpington. Black and darker golden are Easter Eggers and the black and white is a Cuckoo Marans.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
So, to clarify, a blind cat is still able to stalk birds? I’m asking because I’d thought I could get a blind cat and live safely with my birds. We lived with a hugely fat cat and he just refused to move for anything. Mice could’ve partied on his belly and he wouldn’t have moved.

Hmm. I should find out what different geckos eat. I’ve been avoiding because I babysat leopard geckos and they ate crickets (fed on vitamin powder).

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Oh blind cats can definitely stalk and hunt. Whisper's mother is fully feral and very blind. She's been seen in the area for nearly 7 yrs and I've seen her catch mice.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Well there goes that good idea…

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome back! I am sorry for your losses.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome back.