• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Levoit Humidifier and Humidifier Suggestions

Baileybea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bailey
Hey! I’ve been using the Levoit warm and cool mist 5.5L humidifier for 2 years, always on the cool setting. I recently became aware that some humidifiers use Teflon/other chemicals on their heating units and did a little research. I found a thread on here from 2018 where someone who used this humidifier said they contacted Levoit to make sure this particular model didn’t contain Teflon, and they said it didn’t.

I decided to reach out and ask anyway and just wanted to warn you guys that Levoit told me this model DOES IN FACT contain Teflon….I’m really not sure what to believe now, and kinda concerned by the mixed responses from the company…

I have a honeywell cool mist humidifier that doesn’t use a filter and I think I’ll be using that instead. I know it’s only a problem if you use the warm setting, given the fact I’ve used it for 2 years on the cool setting with no troubles. But I just feel icky about using it at all now and thought you guys should be aware/would like to know!

If anyone has good, safe humidifier suggestions I would also love to know for the future!

Attachments

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I have used it on the warm setting even close up to my canary with no problems at all . I use it most in cool mode, but neither has been a problem.

Baileybea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bailey
I have used it on the warm setting even close up to my canary with no problems at all . I use it most in cool mode, but neither has been a problem.
I don’t think it would get hot enough to cause fumes or anything, I just thought people deserved to know so they could make the choice to use it or not!