• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Letting you go, Lenny.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Oh wow, and you never got him back? I am so sorry.
j
We were allowed on the neighbors roof under the tree he ended up in for two days and I talked to him, ate Taco Bell while he watched and screamed because he wanted some so bad and went in at dark. The third day I had to work and I went back after to check on him and the homeowner told me he saw him fly away being chased by crows, haven't seen him since but I keep his ad up just in case.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
j
We were allowed on the neighbors roof under the tree he ended up in for two days and I talked to him, ate Taco Bell while he watched and screamed because he wanted some so bad and went in at dark. The third day I had to work and I went back after to check on him and the homeowner told me he saw him fly away being chased by crows, haven't seen him since but I keep his ad up just in case.

I am glad you are keeping his ad up because you just never know. Birds are very resilient, even the little guys. I hope he makes his way back to you.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well he's the one who's been gone over a year now so only hope is something didn't eat him and somebody found him and is keeping him. It was in the 30's the first night he was out and wet and when he heard me calling him he woke up and started calling back. Every time I left he'd get upset as he could see me but it took a while to find him 50 feet up in his tree. His old cage was on the roof and everything but nothing would make him fly down.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Well he's the one who's been gone over a year now so only hope is something didn't eat him and somebody found him and is keeping him. It was in the 30's the first night he was out and wet and when he heard me calling him he woke up and started calling back. Every time I left he'd get upset as he could see me but it took a while to find him 50 feet up in his tree. His old cage was on the roof and everything but nothing would make him fly down.

Crows would not have eaten that bird, and you would be surprised of how they can survive in the cold. If he found other birds and followed them to food and water, he should be okay.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Problem is we have hawks in the neighborhood as well and he flew toward their area but nobody saw him get caught and never found any evidence so yes hoping he found food and got rescued and whoever has him doesn't care that he may have a family that loves him and wants him back. IF he ever comes back he'll have another Maxi friend to hang out with in Dobby.

Love Birds

Meeting neighbors
What a beautiful tribute to Lenny. I know Lenny knew you loved him. I have never had a bird fly away, but I have found birds that somehow escaped from their owners. I have advertised to find the owners to no avail, so I have ended up keeping the birds, and I have given them much love. One was a scarlet-chested parakeet, and the other is an English budgie.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sorry.

I agree that they are all individuals and you described him very well.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just so you know so you don't wonder why you aren't getting a response, this member is no longer a part of the community here.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Very sad when a bird gets out & lost...Its not all that hopeful for the challenges they face...maybe in a mild climate or by some miracle they get helped out...Its possible in last minute desperation they will find a helping hand & be taken care of...The alternative is much to hard to consider...

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Very sad when a bird gets out & lost...Its not all that hopeful for the challenges they face...maybe in a mild climate or by some miracle they get helped out...Its possible in last minute desperation they will find a helping hand & be taken care of...The alternative is much to hard to consider...

From what I have read, I think the author was trying to let us down gently. Its obvious that he loved Lenny and didn't want to hurt his nephew, but knew what had happened.

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
What a beautiful tribute to Lenny. I know Lenny knew you loved him. I have never had a bird fly away, but I have found birds that somehow escaped from their owners. I have advertised to find the owners to no avail, so I have ended up keeping the birds, and I have given them much love. One was a scarlet-chested parakeet, and the other is an English budgie.

I have just now read this story. I agree, although sad, it is also beautiful.

You have found birds? You are so lucky! I have never found a pet bird before- thank you for taking them in and giving them a loving home.