• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Let's talk about timneh greys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Never heard of a Great Billed Parrot. They are pretty expensive though.:huh:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Titanis. I must admit this parrot looks pretty stunning. Now I just need to learn about it's general character.:)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't found too much info on the net re. the Great Billed parrot but I found a nice picture.

Great-billed Parrot | Parrot Pictures

The timneh lady was supposed to call me today and never did. How annoying.:(

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Our Timneh Grey is male and coming up to five yrs old. When I first brought him home after a long days journey to pick him up, he was as near death as a bird was going to get.
He had been left for days covered and not fed and nobody bothered with him as his owners marraige had broken up and he had left the scene leaving him with his wife who was frightened of birds and did nothing for him.
Rambo took a few weeks of eating and sleeping to recover and then started to live up to his name. Who could blame him? humans had not exactly gone out of their way to help him. Anything that moved near his cage was attacked through the bars.
the first few weeks my hands and especially digits were a target and ended up like mince meat. We got to the stage of him stepping up inside the cage onto my hand and not biting.
Then our son came onto the scene and it was love at first sight! Steve could do what he wanted with him and Rambo loved nothing more than to be in his company.
They are now truely bonded and when Steve walks in through the door from work he is besides himself, he is just happy to sit like a pancake on his shoulder and walk around velcrode to him. This happens as soon as he is home and they disappear up into his flat for the evening together. He comes back down his stairs in time for his food and bed.
During the week he is with the main flock and then weekends we only see him at the end and beginning of a day. It is working well for everyone.
They do bond with one person very much so, and there is nothing you can do about it if it is not you. They do attack if they think anyone is a threat to them or that bonded person as my husband has found out!
The love and affection they are capable of giving is immense, but it is directed to their chosen one. good luck.

Attachments

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
I just read this thread, I'm also wondering if the lady ever called you!? I like Timnehs, well all the ones I've ever dealt with have been sweet or just avoided me, but never been bitten by one. Great birdies:). I've been fighting the urge lately for another birdy (it's not easy). Want to share one of yours?! I've seen a cag and a sennie that need homes (CL & Kijiji).

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I just read this thread, I'm also wondering if the lady ever called you!? I like Timnehs, well all the ones I've ever dealt with have been sweet or just avoided me, but never been bitten by one. Great birdies:). I've been fighting the urge lately for another birdy (it's not easy). Want to share one of yours?! I've seen a cag and a sennie that need homes (CL & Kijiji).
I'm wondering too!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No contact or message from the so called timneh lady.:confused:

Thanks for asking guys.:hug8:

I've moved on to other things.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.