• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures let's see your dirty air purifier pre filters.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I clean my pre filter weekly for my air purifier. with Sweet Pea molting it was really white with feather dust. it's surprising how grubby they get in just a week. this purifier set in between the 2 cages.
IMG_0004.JPG
I have a air purifier in the my bedroom also and it was pretty dusty too
IMG_0005.JPG
I wash them in dawn dish soap, rinse them several times until the water runs clear and not more soap bubbles. I wring them out in Sham WOW towel twice to dry them. they get spray of F-10 and allowed to dry and put back in the machine.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I do vacuum the pre-filters everyday to remove the dander and then wash weekly. I have 3 air purifiers, they work awesome . I am an asthmatic, and have one heck of 12 month of a year shedding dog and his cat who I am sure adds her portion and little Ella who does her little bit to add to the dander in the house. :)

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'll try and get a pic of the one I have right by the cage tomorrow.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I do vacuum the pre-filters everyday to remove the dander and then wash weekly. I have 3 air purifiers, they work awesome . I am an asthmatic, and have one heck of 12 month of a year shedding dog and his cat who I am sure adds her portion and little Ella who does her little bit to add to the dander in the house. :)
I have asthma too, but I found it's easier for me to just wash the pre filter rather then vacuuming them. throw too much feather dust into the air and starts me wheezing.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
This is about 2 weeks.
IMG_3620.JPG

Rolanda

John,
I think you could turn that into a sweater!:omg:

But seriously, this is a great illustration of the fact that some are Dusty Birds. I think people don't realize it. They are Great and Wonderful but there is special care required.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
with two little dust bunnies both molt, I make wind up washing daily for a while.