• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lethargic Cockatiel

LokiVogel

Moving in
Real Name
“Menace”
I've had my little buddy, Loki, for about three years now, he's my first bird and I'm happy to say he's instilled a love of birds in me. I haven't been ever worried that he was sick, but I've started to notice some unusual behaviors in my cockatiel. He's been very reserved and lethargic, for the past day or two he's been sleeping almost all day. Yesterday, when he was singing I noticed when he breathed in his nose sounded puffy. Despite this, his dropping appear normal. I plan on calling the vet later today, but I was just curious what y'all thought about this. I'm guessing if anything it could just be a little cold, but I can't help feeling the anxiety that it could be something worse. I was also wondering, if there was anything I could do until I can take him to the vet, I'm worried it might be a while with all this Coronavirus drama going around. Thanks.

RoyalRose

Moving in
Real Name
Rose
I'm sorry to hear about what's happening to Loki, though I think that you probably know him best and if he is acting differently than usual then there could be something wrong with him. My advice would be that since your not able to currently take him to the vet to just keep monitoring him and just continue to make sure hes getting enough vitamin d from the sun and from his food. Also just look out for signs of like dehydration or anything showing in Loki and maybe make sure he doesnt get stressed. Though I hope that he's going to be ok. :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Lethargy is can be a symptom of many different things. Best to have avian vet check. @enigma731