• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Let me introduce you to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Monet!!!
Monet1.jpg

Monet2.jpg

Monet3.jpg

Monet4.jpg

Claude Monet is one of my absolute favorite artists and I thought his last name would make a good name for a bird. I had originally chosen this name for my future Senegal, but it seems to fit this little bourke. S/he (tho I keep calling it a she :hehe:) is so pretty and so full of color that I thought an artist's name just suited her.
S/he isn't nearly as pink as my Yogi was, but she is pretty all on her own!! I adore her and her quiet little peeps are so adorable. :heart::heart:

ETA: yes she is a rosey bourke :D

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Monet is so beautiful/handsome. :heart::heart: Congrats. :D

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. She/he is gorgeous. I just love all of the colors she has.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Monet!!!
View attachment 5867

View attachment 5868

View attachment 5869

View attachment 5870

Claude Monet is one of my absolute favorite artists and I thought his last name would make a good name for a bird. I had originally chosen this name for my future Senegal, but it seems to fit this little bourke. S/he (tho I keep calling it a she :hehe:) is so pretty and so full of color that I thought an artist's name just suited her.
S/he isn't nearly as pink as my Yogi was, but she is pretty all on her own!! I adore her and her quiet little peeps are so adorable. :heart::heart:

ETA: yes she is a rosey bourke :D
Oh, soooo cute. Congrats! I love the name, really fits for a bourke. She is so adorable, I just love my rosy bourke!!:heart:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Thanks everyone! I'm quite proud of her and think she's so sweet!! I can't wait till she's more tame and will willingly come out to visit!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww what a beauty!!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: how did I miss this...that name certainly suits him WOWWWWWWWWW

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Just a lil' update on Monet. (I keep calling s/he a she :hehe:)
She is eating, drinking, pooping just fine. She is still timid of hands, but I was able to coax her out of the cage yesterday and she got to fly around for a bit. She's a little clumsy, but that's to be expected as she is still a baby (hatched 2009, just not sure what month). I don't know exactly how much flying experience she has, but she seems to do pretty well considering she's been caged and never (pretty sure) let out since fledged. Luckily she landed in between 2 tubs of my scrapbooking supplies so I was able to gently catch her in my hands and get her back into her cage. She did knock the ceiling once (not too hard, but a lil harder than I would have liked) so I didn't let her out today, just in case. She seems fine tho.
I just love her to bits and she loves to be talked to!! She chirps right back in her cute little chirps.

Status
Not open for further replies.