• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Leg problem in my 3 months old lovebird

rukhtariq

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rukhsana Tariq
hi! I have a Fischer's lovebird who is about 3 months old. His name is Sonu. Three days ago he was roaming around on the floor and I accidentally sat on him. His left wing and leg were injured. Thank God that the wing is now fine but he isn't putting any weight on his left leg. He does not walk on it and keeps it up all the time. Only when we make him sit on his perch he puts the foot on it but does not put weigh. My husband who has quite a lot of knowledge about birds examined him and came to the conclusion that it isn't broken. His foot is also limp and he doesn't move it but there is no swelling or colour change in his leg or foot. Moreover, he uses it to scratch himself on the head multiple times during the day so its not like he can't move it but just doesn't want to. There are no vets around me so kindly suggest what to do as I'm worried sick. thank you

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
he uses it to scratch himself on the head multiple times
So he can move the leg?... but not the toes?
Or he couldn´t move his legs, but now he can?

Normally I would say to get to a vet to take a look. Are you sure there are no vets near you? Or professional breeders? Even if it means a long trip. Some members here travel hours to reach a vet.

For now keep him in a hospital cage for his own safety while you observe/or hopefully he gets better... but three days has passed.. so I would be quite worried.
Have you seen any improvement?