• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Leg injury

Cricket88

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Soad Hachami
When I got my RN 3 moths ago she had a limp. I asked the seller if she was injured recently. Which he didn’t answer truthfully. I took her to a vet, prescribed vitamins and antibiotics. It seemed she was getting a little better but. After the course of medicine finished she lifted her foot again. So I went to a different vet, he said there’s nothing wrong with the leg and that it may be a chick? injury he gave me a course of vitamins. To use every other week. The thing that got me of was he didn’t even touch her. Is that normal?!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When I got my RN 3 moths ago she had a limp. I asked the seller if she was injured recently. Which he didn’t answer truthfully. I took her to a vet, prescribed vitamins and antibiotics. It seemed she was getting a little better but. After the course of medicine finished she lifted her foot again. So I went to a different vet, he said there’s nothing wrong with the leg and that it may be a chick? injury he gave me a course of vitamins. To use every other week. The thing that got me of was he didn’t even touch her. Is that normal?!
No...get a third opinion..its nots normal, and be an advocate for your bird..sometime you need to be aggressive .