• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Leg Band

Jusgetinby

Meeting neighbors
Hello bird lovers,

I searched and searched and searched and I cannot find any info on the leg band my bird has, I did see a reference of sites that show good info but my bird leg band just can't find the ID AR CA 11774

Screenshot_20201112-191357__02__01.jpg

Jusgetinby

Meeting neighbors
What age were you told?
I was told my bird was 5 months old. I think he older because I saw another conure which I was told older than my bird but my conure looked older. The conure I saw looked so much younger than mine.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This will likely be the ID number. Once you figure out the breeder, they will hopefully be able to tell you more about the bird using the ID number :)

AR is the breeder
CA state
OP is in Phoenix... is that not in Arizona? That could be the AR...

Edit; sorry, I see the pics now and the CA is on it´s side so likely California like you said :shy:

Last edited:

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
This will likely be the ID number. Once you figure out the breeder, they will hopefully be able to tell you more about the bird using the ID number :)

OP is in Phoenix... is that not in Arizona? That could be the AR...

Edit; sorry, I see the pics now and the CA is on it´s side so likely California like you said :shy:
No problem AR can’t be Arizona cause it’s abbreviation is AZ. So AR is the breeder and CA is California now I read that the 1st number is the code. Then right away the hatch date it’s year month day so 4th July 2017.

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I read each leg band color means something different. The fact he got his leg band on the right leg means he was adult when they got his leg band on him. Right leg means male, left leg female. Each color means something different.
1–> code
1774—> hatch date 4th July 2017

Jusgetinby

Meeting neighbors
I read each leg band color means something different. The fact he got his leg band on the right leg means he was adult when they got his leg band on him. Right leg means male, left leg female. Each color means something different.
1–> code
1774—> hatch date 4th July 2017
Like April 07 2017
If he is born in 2017 what do you suggest I do? I got him from PetsMart and paid 450 for him they say he was 4 months old. He came with a birth certificate. I cannot find it. His bday on the certificate is April 16 2020. I called store but they said they no have copy. I need find his certificate.