• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Leg Band

GreenCheekJelly

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kay
Hello Breeders!! I'm trying to find out more information on my Birdies Leg Band...It's Purple with white writing...and starts with the letters PB...Any ideas?? Thank you!! :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Those would be breeder initials. They usually stand for the name of the aviary.

Matt

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Is it just PB by itself, or are there additional letters? Does it have a state?

Knowing more about the band may help to pinpoint the info on it.

There is a leg band that is PBA, which stands for Queen's Pride Aviary, located in Texas.

Some other leg band include PBT, PBPP, PBPR, PBM, PBE - etc

Another one is PBN - Preferred Bird Network

Or AFA PB AK - Paula Bezette

PBA could also stand for Pyrrhura Breeders Association

PBP - Peek A Boo Parrot Aviarys

If it's none of those... well,here's my list for band info....

There is the Leg Band Numbers Yahoo Group...
LegBandNumbers : Leg Band Numbers

Leg Band Registry (new - last two ones have been shut down)
Leg Band Registry

A few places that produce leg bands may or may not help trace the band if it's one of theirs...
L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue
Red Bird Products
DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings

Information on Leg Bands
Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - The ABC's Of Leg Bands - Identifying Birds
Choosing Your Bird

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
PBA1 stands for Pionus Breeders Association but they use silver colored bands ... it was one of Queen's Pride Aviaries band codes. What kind of bird do you have? What does the entire band info read as? There can be any number of PB's out there ... at this time, none are registered in my leg band registry database.

GreenCheekJelly

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kay
PBA1 stands for Pionus Breeders Association but they use silver colored bands ... it was one of Queen's Pride Aviaries band codes. What kind of bird do you have? What does the entire band info read as? There can be any number of PB's out there ... at this time, none are registered in my leg band registry database.
We're still getting to know each other since I became her Guardian just a few days ago...She didn't even want to come out of her cage today :( the first time she didn't want to since I got her...but as soon as she trusts me enough to take a look at the whole band I will definitely post it here for you. Thank you for your help :)

GreenCheekJelly

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kay
:dance4: Wahoooo!! I found her Hatch Certificate....Her Band says PBN 233...She's a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Hatched on February 8, 2009 and she's from Perfect Birds, LLC. :dancing: Now, to find out about Perfect Birds, LLC.

Tristis

Checking out the neighborhood
Any idea what PBT 2884 stands for? I have a little green cheek with that band number. Its an orange band.

Zinas mom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lora
:dance4: Wahoooo!! I found her Hatch Certificate....Her Band says PBN 233...She's a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Hatched on February 8, 2009 and she's from Perfect Birds, LLC. :dancing: Now, to find out about Perfect Birds, LLC.
We're you able to find anything out about this? My B&G Macaw has a band on her leg of PBN 68, I've been told by the previous owner she was 3 different ages and I rescued her, so I dont know much about her past. She is very aggressive at the moment. So definitely trying to teach her we are not bad people and get her to the vet to the for a health check up. Thank you.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
We're you able to find anything out about this? My B&G Macaw has a band on her leg of PBN 68, I've been told by the previous owner she was 3 different ages and I rescued her, so I dont know much about her past. She is very aggressive at the moment. So definitely trying to teach her we are not bad people and get her to the vet to the for a health check up. Thank you.
This member has not logged in in the last six years.