• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Leaving on Vacation

IboCuhadar

Moving in
Real Name
Ibrahim Cuhadar
Im going to Turkey in 3 days and ill be returning back in late september. I have a 9 month old lovebird. I am worried that it will get bored and depressed. I am leaving it with my 58 year old grandpa that goes to work everyday and comes home around 5 pm. I let my bird out for 2 hours in total. It is bonded with me and loves me and I don’t want to leave it but I have no choice. It barely knows my grandpa.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’d suggest leaving a huge supply of different toys your grandpa can change regularly so your bird has lots of fun things to do while he’s at work and maybe ask grandpa to leave the TV or radio playing for your bird.
Will your grandpa be letting the bird out and spending time sitting and talking to it or simply just feed and clean cage?

IboCuhadar

Moving in
Real Name
Ibrahim Cuhadar
My bird always mates and regurgitates with this one toy keeps her distracted. After my grandpa comes from work he will always sit in the living room watch tv and always fall asleep with it on. I am planning to move my bird there. I am worried that my grandpa will let the bird go near the kitchen because between the kitchen and living room there is no walls.