• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Laura has a sore foot...

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
When Laura (our 10 week old rainbow lorikeet) plays with her toys she loves to grab and hold them with her feet but... The other day Laura got her foot caught in the rope of on of her toys! I untangled her but after I untangled her she was limping around so we
took her to our local avian vet (Link to the vet: Home - Bird and Exotic Animal Clinic ) and they said that her foot was sprained! :crycry: they gave us some medication and also told us to let her rest for 7 days.

It was Laura's favorite toy so we couldn't just take it away from her but we removed all of the rope parts because that was the only dangerous part, the rest of the toy is just wooden.

Last edited:

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
I hope she feels better soon! Always remove frayed toys, especially rope perches. Sending positive thoughts to Laura :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hopefully the sprain heals up fast and she feels normal again soon. Poor baby girl :(

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh that is very sad and unfortunately very common in our wild birds I believe. Have you had your others tested for it?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry to read that Laura was diagnosed with PBFD.