• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Latest Rescue + Story

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
I hope with some more experienced types in this forum we can give her a full and enriching life with her beak disability. Looks like she dives head first into her feathers for a good preen. Maybe it doesn't hold her back but anyone who can chip in to give this goddess amongst birds nutritional advice please do
thank you so much for the support :heart2: Well i agreed to give her a forever home so i will do everything i can to give her everything she needs and deserve ! :rolleyes:

Beautiful bird
Awww, she's precious!! So cute!
:bliss:im in love :bliss:

Thank you so much for rescuing her, what a beautiful girl. Can’t wait to hear more about her!

She looks to be the same mutation as my Mimi, just with way more yellow. I’ll attach a photo of my lady for comparison!
View attachment 401506

The yellow on your girl really is intense. I haven’t seen anyone mention it, but I’d make sure to have her liver values looked at. Sometimes fatty liver disease can cause abnormally bright yellow feathers, and because of her seed diet I’d want to rule that out.
Oh thank you well im so happy i made that decision she is worth it im loving getting to knew her more and more each day ! i will definetly ask the vet about it and get her values checked out :sad4: hopefully she just has naturally very bright Yellow feathers !

If we're all just posting pictures to compare our birds now
Go ahead i love seeing other cute feathered cockatiel compagnons !!

She's beautiful :heart2: Looks like she's settled in very well!!

I wanted to say this as well, but I'm not an expert. Also with her malformed beak as well it might be something to mention at the vet's?
I did make another thread just to talk about her beak difformity and to give you guys updates about it, she got her vet appointment for next friday !!! ill let you guys know what he thinks about it ! as for her liver i hope that the vet will tell me the result look healthy ! (sorry for my bad english)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did make another thread just to talk about her beak difformity and to give you guys updates about it, she got her vet appointment for next friday !!! ill let you guys know what he thinks about it ! as for her liver i hope that the vet will tell me the result look healthy !
Good luck at the vets! Sounds like she's in good hands at her...ahem..."foster" home :rolleyes:
(sorry for my bad english)
Your English is great! Let's just not talk about my French :dunce:

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
I LOLd when I read the conversation between you and your friend - I could hear it in my head and found it so amusing! Your new little "foster" is adorable and so pretty!!

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Are you gonna take little lady to the vet for a check up and some advise on taking care of a bird with some differences?

If so please let us know how it goes. I would suggest it may be worth it :)

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Look how thrilled she is to be out of that cage. :joyful: Finally some love and attention... and plenty of it! :yourock:
View attachment 401519
We know you will! :innocent:
:yahoo:i will try my best ^^ !! .. and yes will definetly "not" :laughing13:

Good luck at the vets! Sounds like she's in good hands at her...ahem..."foster" home :rolleyes:
Your English is great! Let's just not talk about my French :dunce:
Well i hope that the Vet will not find anything wrong with her and that her beak can be taken care of without putting her on anesthesia every month to trim it :scared2: !!
Well i thank you ! and btw i would love to talk about your French !!! :laugh:

I LOLd when I read the conversation between you and your friend - I could hear it in my head and found it so amusing! Your new little "foster" is adorable and so pretty!!
:laughing4:i thought it was necessary to include it because that's exactly how it happened and i have never made a decision like this so fast !! :laughing2::laughing2: i just had to share it !

Are you gonna take little lady to the vet for a check up and some advise on taking care of a bird with some differences?

If so please let us know how it goes. I would suggest it may be worth it :)
Yes actually it was alrerady planned and i did mention on another thread that she has an appointment with my exotic vet next week ;) i will let you guys know for sure how it went :heart: even if she looked healthy i think it is always a good thing when you bring home a new animal to bring it to the vet for a checkup, i did it with all my animals (dog, cats, birds, tortoises and well no not the fishes :laughing4:)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
i would love to talk about your French !!! :laugh:
Let's not :rofl:

Switzerland is part French so I feel super guilty when a customer calls at work and I have to tell them I speak no French! Although I use the excuse that we're an English language education company so they should be speaking English anyway :rofl:

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Let's not :rofl:

Switzerland is part French so I feel super guilty when a customer calls at work and I have to tell them I speak no French! Although I use the excuse that we're an English language education company so they should be speaking English anyway :rofl:
HAhaha okay okay i won't force you lol :laughing4: so you live in switzerland that's cool ! which part are you from ? i know theres a german part right ?

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Little Update:
Little girl still doesn't have a name :bash::sissfgt: (very hard to choose one)

She doesn't eat anything other that her regular cheap seed mix but it's only been a few days so i am going to be patient ( i introduce her to new types of food everyday)

She is getting to know me and i feel like she trusts me more and more which is good news :laugh::laugh:
272066175_976247746347241_3378510444087934455_n.jpg 271845067_1778742918990276_1442155097090973737_n.jpg

271811305_667639971058121_2076400124810103107_n.jpg
271701915_241279211388955_4020359455507033393_n.jpg
271841246_679390759760648_6462666136366254130_n.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Little Update:
Little girl still doesn't have a name :bash::sissfgt: (very hard to choose one)

She doesn't eat anything other that her regular cheap seed mix but it's only been a few days so i am going to be patient ( i introduce her to new types of food everyday)

She is getting to know me and i feel like she trusts me more and more which is good news :laugh::laugh:
View attachment 401620 View attachment 401621

View attachment 401622
View attachment 401623
View attachment 401624
Wow she's so breathtakingly gorgeous! :heart:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so pretty, we NEED more PICTURES!!!! please? :xflove: :xflove:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her on a better diet, she will be even prettier! :swoon:

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
I think she should be called Cassandra. The goddess that forsaw the fall of troy but nobody listened!

I also hope you describe your vet visit clearly because I am sure there are others with differently abled birds that would love to see their potential beauty and know how to tend to their needs!