• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Latest Rescue + Story

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Okay so this was NOT planned at all... :glare:

A few days ago i got a phone call from a friend :

Friend- "you want a cockatiel !?"
Me- "Um hello to you too" (not sure what's going on)
Friend- " im Busy don't have time just answer the question"
Me- "Can i at least have a bit of info on the situation and the bird, please??"
Friend- "it's my work collegue's daughter's bird, she left it at her dad's when she moved out, he doesn't know what to do with it"
Me- "Well is it a male or female ?, how old is it, is it hand raised and tame at all ? how old is it ? :sad4:
Friend- "don't know, don't know, yes it is tame and i don't know"
Me- um...
Friend- "i don't have time for this so YES or NO ? (friend is getting impatient and clearly annoyed)"
Me- uuuuuh ... uuuuuh .... OKAY :madwife:okay fine OKAYYY !"
Friend- "ok let's talk later" (she hung up !)

So after that phone call i was still not sure what i got myself into, the thing is that i promessed my fiance no more animals, and i just agreed to adopt a cockatiel that i have never even seen and didn't know anything about !!!:mad2:

A few hours later i finally get to talk to my friend and ask her if i can have the guy's phone number;
i call the guy and i finally get a bit more info about the bird:
-maybe a girl
-about 2.5 years old
-very social
-only eats Budgie seed mix
-he doesn't know much about birds so since his daughter left the cockatiel spend all day long in "her" cage and doesn't get much attention, apparently she's calls all the time to get out and interact with people. He feels bad for her and That's why he is trying to find her a new home.

we agree for him to drop her off with all her stuff at my shop (i own a dog grooming salon)
when i saw her i thought she was just so cute :bliss:!!
I then realised that her cage is way too small for her, with only one old chewed up toy and a few cheap perches ... :meh::meh:

Anyway i have a new feathered baby :loveshower:
so can you guy's help to confirm her color mutation and gender ?? (if that's even possible)

After some research i think it is a She and the color mutation is : cinnamon pearl pied (what about you guys ?)
(ps: Yes she has a beak difformity and Yes i will make a thread about it)

271810987_325032369539391_9107832388724901833_n.jpg

271858384_946372706019506_5127419627914091275_n.jpg

271874320_3015641455431916_812073063805277546_n.jpg 271718894_1433347477151788_5212107930601116810_n.jpg 271736053_1108517636581968_572019725508497315_n.jpg 271725758_479888303649595_1324734923976140644_n.jpg

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's a beautiful little girl? Not sure about Tiel colors sorry but what a stunning little one :heart:

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
She's a beautiful little girl? Not sure about Tiel colors sorry but what a stunning little one :heart:
Thank you so much !! she arrived this morning so im just getting to know her but im already getting attached to her because the only thing she wants is to be with me and get cuddles !

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'm absolutely no help regarding the mutation or sex of the bird, but WOW! I was not expecting to see such vibrant colors!

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
I'm absolutely no help regarding the mutation or sex of the bird, but WOW! I was not expecting to see such vibrant colors!
YES same here ! i was a bit curious about the color because the previous owner didn't send me any pictures of her before dropping her of but i have to admit i am pleasently surprised :bliss:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Also, look how comfortable she/he is with you. Looks like that bird needed you really badly.

So uhhh... how's the fiancé taking the news of the surprise new flock member? :ashamed3:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's beautiful! Never seen a cockatiel like that.

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Also, look how comfortable she/he is with you. Looks like that bird needed you really badly.

So uhhh... how's the fiancé taking the news of the surprise new flock member? :ashamed3:
i know right !!! it's like she knows me already !:heart2:as for the fiancé welll...... as of right now we are "fostering" her :laughing4:

She's beautiful! Never seen a cockatiel like that.
ooooh thank you for her and i guess her mutation isn't that common ?

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
She is beautiful! Would love to hear more about her. Did you name her?

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Wow she is stunning! Looks like she was dipped in yellow paint hehe. Good luck with the "foster". :rofl:
Yes the Yellow is pastel and flashy at the same time i love it :heart: .... and thank you i will definetly find her a forever home :laughing4::laughing4:

She's beautiful!!!
i agree !!! i think the patterns are so interesting and gorgeous !

She is beautiful! Would love to hear more about her. Did you name her?
Thank yoou !!! i will definetly give you guys updates ! :yahoo:as for the name i didn't yet but i will let you guys know as soon as i do :cantwait:

Wowzer. I wish someone would drop off such a friendly stunner at my place lol
:laughing2: Well it was such a surprise ! i wasn't prepared forsomething like that at all ! and honestly i agreed mainly because my friend and the previous owner both said that she is very friendly and craving attention !

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
I hope with some more experienced types in this forum we can give her a full and enriching life with her beak disability. Looks like she dives head first into her feathers for a good preen. Maybe it doesn't hold her back but anyone who can chip in to give this goddess amongst birds nutritional advice please do

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, she's precious!! So cute!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Thank you so much for rescuing her, what a beautiful girl. Can’t wait to hear more about her!

She looks to be the same mutation as my Mimi, just with way more yellow. I’ll attach a photo of my lady for comparison!
D8A8FE1D-1840-4869-A657-F3D546A4738B.jpeg

The yellow on your girl really is intense. I haven’t seen anyone mention it, but I’d make sure to have her liver values looked at. Sometimes fatty liver disease can cause abnormally bright yellow feathers, and because of her seed diet I’d want to rule that out.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's beautiful :heart2: Looks like she's settled in very well!!

The yellow on your girl really is intense. I haven’t seen anyone mention it, but I’d make sure to have her liver values looked at. Sometimes fatty liver disease can cause abnormally bright yellow feathers, and because of her seed diet I’d want to rule that out.
I wanted to say this as well, but I'm not an expert. Also with her malformed beak as well it might be something to mention at the vet's?